𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

Thank you for 15k reads and all the votes, it means the world to me! Enjoy this chapter x

~~~

"Today we're going to be learning the patronus charm," Harry explained to the DA. "Think of a happy memory."

Everyone nodded. Harry continued to walk around the room, "Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up!"

Hermione was beside me teaching me how to produce my patronus, seeing as she already mastered the charm, "Now after you think of your happy memory, start to draw circles with your wand and say the incantation 'Expecto Patronum'."

I searched through my memory for the time I felt happiest. I thought back to a time at the Burrow when my siblings and I all sat outside. Bill, Charlie, Fred and George were playing quidditch while Ron, Ginny and I watched. I could smell Mum's cooking through the memory, I could hear Dad's endless talk of muggles and the sound of the broomsticks swooshing in the air. I felt so content being with my family.

With the memory in mind, I said, "Expecto Patronum!"

The tip of my wand began to glow and I felt an energy flow down from my wand to my body. Suddenly, a shape flew from my wand and I was taken aback.

A beautiful giraffe stood before me. Hermione was in shock, "A giraffe? That is wonderful, Abby!"

I kept my eyes on the cheerful giraffe following the other patronuses, carefully moving around Luna's rabbit. My giraffe met with Ginny's horse and I giggled as they chased Ron's Jack Russell.

"How so?" I asked.

"A giraffe symbolizes individuality because no two giraffes have the same spotted fur," Hermione explained. "A giraffe has a strong connection to family and friends and they listen to their heart. Giraffes embody elegance, cleverness, protection and patience."

I stared more intently at my patronus, "That is bloody brilliant."

Harry came up to me and immediately congratulated me, "Fantastic, Abby! Well done!"

"Thanks, Harry!" I grinned. "What was your patronus, Hermione?"

"An otter," She responded.

"That's adorable."

I knew that in order for your patronus to remain active, you mustn't lose focus.

I kept my wand following the giraffe and raised my eyebrows at the way it began to charge at the door. The giraffe stretched its neck out to the door of the Room of Requirements. Ironically, it looked very impatient.

"Hermione?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Is there any way a giraffe can predict when someone bad is going to happ-"

Suddenly, we all jumped at an explosion. My giraffe disappeared instantly. The walls started to shake along with the chandeliers. The mirrors all began to crack.

We heard another explosion. This time, a small opening was revealed to us. Everyone in the DA stood in a formation with their wands raised, ready to fight.