𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆

"You don't have a date to the ball, do you?"

I looked up from my plate to see Harry's desperate face.

I coughed awkwardly, "I'm sorry, Harry, I'm already going with Alexei. You know, my friend from Durmstrang."

"I'm never going to find a bloody date," Harry grumbled.

"Sure you are!" I laughed. "I'll help you."

Harry smiled, "Great. What about Scarlett or Gia?"

"Scarlett's already going with Dean and Gia's going with Cedric Diggory," I explained. Harry frowned.

I reached across the table to tap his hand reassuringly when a thought struck in my head. I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively, "What about Cho Chang? Hasn't she recently caught your eye?"

Harry readjusted his glasses, "I actually tried to ask her yesterday but she shot me down. She's going with someone from Beauxbatons."

"This is tough," I tapped my chin. "Don't worry, Harry, by the end of today, I'll find you a date."

Later that night, I still hadn't found anyone to go with Harry to the Yule Ball. Harry was wallowing on the couch beside me, clutching his golden egg to his chest.

"Cheer up, Harry, everything's going to be—"

"It's all right, Ron," I heard Ginny say, entering the common room. "It's okay, it doesn't even matter."

Harry and I sat up on the couch.

"What's happened to you?" Harry laughed at Ron.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out," Ginny explained and I winced. Ginny sat Ron beside me on the couch and I waved my hand in front of his face but he didn't move.

Hermione came up behind me, "What?"

"What did she say?" Harry asked encouragingly.

"She said no, of course," I gestured to Ron's face. Ron shook his head and I gasped. "Merlin, she said yes?"

"Don't be silly," Ron whispered, finally breaking out of his trance. "There she was, walking by. You know how I like it when they walk."

I rolled my eyes but continued to listen to Ron tell the story, "I couldn't help it. It just sort of slipped out."

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening," Ginny corrected Ron's story and I tried my best to stifle my laughter.

"So what did you do then?" Harry put a hand on Ron's shoulder.

Ron groaned, "What else? I ran for it."

"Bloody hell, Ron," I face-palmed.

"I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what's gotten into me," Ron shook his head.

Suddenly, my eyes shifted to the two girls walking down our dorm stairs. Perfect.

I left Ron's side and walked up to Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil. As I was walking, I grabbed Harry's arm and made him join me.

"Hello, girls," I greeted. "Would one of you be interested in going to the Yule Ball with my dear friend, Harry, here?"

Parvati and Lavender exchanged a look and giggled. Harry was waiting anxiously for a response. Parvati was the one who spoke, "Yes, all right, then."

"Brilliant," I grinned and Harry sighed, relieved.

"Lavender will you go with Ron?" Harry asked.