𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

When I got to Charms I sat next to Scarlett and on my other side was Gia. Hermione sat next to Ron and Ron sat next to Harry.

Professor Flitwick told us that we would be practicing the spell to levitate things. Once I knew the spell I tested it on a feather in front of me.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I said and it worked perfectly. Scarlett and Gia were shocked.

"Nice Abby!" They said. I smiled at them while continuing to levitate the feather.
I giggled as I peeked at Ron struggling to levitate the feather and Hermione critiquing him on his pronunciation of the spell. When she wasn't looking I saw Ron roll his eyes.

Hermione then casted the spell on her feather and Ron watched in surprise as the feather started floating higher and higher.

"Good job Ms Weasley and Ms Granger! Twenty points to Gryffindor," Professor Flitwick said while watching our feathers.

"Thank you sir," I smiled. By the end of the lesson nearly everyone managed the spell... well except Ron. While walking out the class, I patted Ron's back comforting my brother.

"Don't worry Ronikins, you'll get it next time," I said smiling at him and Harry nodded.

"Thanks Ab," he grumbled, "and don't call me Ronikins!"

I quickly ran off with Scarlett, Gia and Hermione.

"Can't hear you I'm too far away!" I yelled to Ron. He rolled his eyes in response and I stuck my tongue out to him. Harry was watching the whole exchange very amused. The girls and I made our way to the dorms because we heard that first years have flying lessons! We all had to quickly go grab our brooms and go to the field.

Once we were at the field I was a little disappointed to see we had our lesson with the kids from Slytherin. Draco wouldn't stop looking at me but I decided to ignore him and listen to the instructions.

Our teacher, Madam Hooch, explained to us how to mount our brooms. I was shocked to see how quickly Harry managed to mount his broom.

"Well done Harry!" I congratulated him and he blushed. I decided to try again with my broom.

"Up!" I yelled and nearly fell over when it flew into my hands, "Wicked!"

"Ron look! I got my broom," I showed my brother excitedly.

"Good for you Abby. Now watch this," he said confidently, "UP!"

I could not hold back my laughter when I watched Ron's broom colliding with his face.

"It's not funny Abby!" He muttered to me rubbing his face.

"Sorry bub," I smiled innocently, still laughing.

Madam Hooch told us to get onto our brooms and we all did by the time that everyone managed to get their brooms up. I watched as a boy from my house, Neville Longbottom I think, flying away on his broom while Madam Hooch was ordering him to come back. Neville fell off his broom and Madam Hooch had to take him to Madam Pomfrey.

"While I'm gone there will be absolutely no flying, do you all understand?" She said. She got a few nods in response. Satisfied with this response she turned and continued to walk with poor Neville.

"Bye Neville!" Some of the students said sadly watching him go. I saw that Neville's remembrall fell from his pocket and I picked it up the same time Draco did. I blushed and quickly took my hand off the remembrall even though I'd soon regret it.

Draco started insulting Neville and Harry quickly came to his defense. I watched intently as both Harry and Draco mounted their brooms and began flying. Hermione immediately told them off but they didn't listen to her pleas.

"Whatever," she muttered and watched them fly.

"It's okay Hermione, you tried to help," Scarlett told her and Hermione nodded. I saw Harry and Draco in the air fighting over the remembrall and then Draco threw it far. Harry flew fast to catch it and nearly collided with one of the buildings. I laughed as the group of students cheered for Harry when he returned to the ground.

Their celebrations were cut short as we saw Professor McGonagall making her way towards us. Harry gulped and she asked him to follow her. First day of Hogwarts and Harry is already going to be expelled. Nice.

"What an idiot," I said rolling my eyes.
                         ~~~
During lunch I sat next to the girls and Ron and we saw Harry excitedly running towards us telling us that he made the quidditch team.

"Wow Harry! You must be the youngest player to play quidditch in a century," Ron told him, eyes wide. Harry nodded still very excited. I was very happy for Harry but also a little jealous.

I have always wanted to play quidditch but at home the boys never let me or Ginny play. When I'm of age I'd love to play a chaser. It would be amazing to play with my brothers on the team. Fred and George are the beaters of course! I made a mental note to try out next year.

The rest of our day was fairly boring and I was very relieved to go to bed. I flopped onto my bed which caused a laugh from the girls and immediately fell asleep.