𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

Today was the day everyone would be returning from their holidays but only at lunchtime. For now I sat at breakfast with my family and Harry. We were chatting amongst ourselves until I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked up from my plate to see Malfoy looking at me skeptically and I immediately broke eye contact while blushing.

Every time I see his face I get reminded of the mirror, of my deepest desire. It was wasn't so strange to think that an 11 year olds deepest desire was marriage with children. What was strange was him.

Ron seemed to notice my blushing but with one swift glare from me, he decided not to comment. I was a bit surprised to be honest but very relieved that all the attention wasn't placed on me.

                         ~~~

Ron, Harry and I were sitting on some benches outside on the Hogwarts grounds. We were admiring the Black Lake, looking almost frozen from the weather. I loved winter here but I secretly craved for summer time and for heat.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw students making their way away from us and I instantly knew what that meant.

"They're back!" I yelled and quickly got up. Ron and Harry ran after me and I heard Ron say something sounding like "crazy."

We ran towards the Great Hall for lunch where it was being filled again with students from different years, in all the different houses. We walked straight to the Gryffindor table where all my friends were seated. I sat next to Hermione, hugged her and give Scarlett and Gia a huge hug over the table.

"How was your holiday guys?" I asked them starting to fill my plate. They immediately began to gush about their amazing holidays and spending time with their families.

"How was your holiday Abby? How was it being the only girl?" Scarlett asked smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"It was quiet here but it was so nice. We still got our presents. Thank you again for the presents. Did you get my letter?" I asked them smiling.

"I got mine just a bit late. Was probably Errol's fault," Hermione giggled. I nodded and smiled.

The rest of the meal we continued to talk about the holidays and went back up to the Gryffindor common room. We had the day off today and lessons officially start again tomorrow.

At the common room, I sat on my bed while the girls unpacked the remainder of their things.

"Anything interesting happen over the holidays?" Scarlett asked while collapsing on her bed.

I hesitated before saying, "Nothing really."

"You don't sound sure, Ab," Gia said while smiling at me.

I bit my lip, "Well there was one odd thing. I saw Malfoy at the Owlery."

"What's odd about that? He was probably just sending a letter to his family," Hermione said raising her eyebrow.

"That wasn't the odd part, Mione. It was the way he was behaving—" I said but got cut off.

Scarlett immediately got up from her bed and grabbed her wand, "What did he do now?"

I laughed, "Calm down Scar. He was actually nice for a change."

"That is quite strange," Gia giggled while Scarlett walked back to her bed.

"Malfoy being nice? I would've had a heart attack on the spot," Scarlett said rolling her eyes.

"Maybe he was only being nice because it was Abby," Hermione suggested.