𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Hermione approached me in our dorm with another scary look.

"What is it now?" I groaned.

Hermione sat beside me on my bed, "I've been thinking..."

"Oh, Merlin—"

"—Don't start, Abby!" Hermione warned me. I grinned. "After Harry's conversation with Sirius about Umbridge not allowing us to practice magic and knowing that You-Know-Who is back, we need someone who can teach us how to protect ourselves."

I crossed my legs on my bed, "I agree... there is no way we'll be able to defend ourselves without a real teacher. Who did you have in mind?"

"Well, Harry, of course," Hermione answered.

"Did he agree to this?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

Hermione blushed, "Ronald and I are still busy gathering members for the club."

"Well who have you got so far?"

"Us, Scarlett, Gia, Ginny, Fred and George, Lee Jordan, Luna Lovegood, Neville, Dean, Lavender Brown, Parvati and Padma, Cho Chang, Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones. Ron told me that there are others interested as well."

"That's a lot of people already," I smirked. "This is going to be great."

~~~

"Let's go, we're going to be late!" Gia rushed Scarlett and I out of Hogwarts in order to get to the Defense Against the Dark Arts club meeting.

"Merlin, Gia we're coming," Scarlett tried to catch up to Gia while readjusting her scarf.

The school has been so different since Umbridge arrived that even Hogsmead trips don't feel the same.

I covered my scarred hand with the gold mittens Mum made for me. Umbridge's new "Educational decrees" are ruining Hogwarts. She has banned anyone from using Fred and George's products but the toad doesn't even know that Fred and George are making them.

We reached the door of the Hogs Head, where the meeting is being held, and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of students in the pub.

In addition to the students Hermione told me; Terry Boot, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson, Colin Creevey and his brother, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Ernie Macmillan, Anthony Goldstein, Zacharias Smith, Michael Corner and Marietta Edgecombe were all sitting in the pub waiting for Harry to arrive.

I made small talk with Ginny and her boyfriend Michael Corner before the door opened and Harry, Ron and Hermione walked inside.

"Hermione this is way more than a couple of people," Harry whisper-shouted at Hermione.

Harry, Ron and Hermione moved to the front of the group. Hermione remained standing while Harry and Ron took a seat.

"Um... hello," Hermione said nervously. "So... you all know why we here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher, anyway. One whose had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" I heard the question from behind me but kept my eyes on Hermione.

"Why?" Ron asked rhetorically. "Because You-Know-Who's back, you toss pot."

"So he says," A boy replied.

"So Dumbledore says," Hermione retorted.

"So Dumbledore says because he says."

"This is exhausting," I groaned and received a few laughs.

"The point is where's the proof?" I turned to identify Anthony Goldstein as the boy speaking.