𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

This morning, the Gryffindor Quidditch team had practice and even though I wasn't a part of the team, I still wanted to support.

I was sitting with Ron and Hermione on a bench and saw the Gryffindor team walk towards us. I waved at Harry and my brothers.

"I don't believe it," Oliver Wood scoffed. "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

My eyes shot where Oliver was looking and I saw the Slytherin Quidditch team approach the Gryffindor's. This cannot end well.

"Quidditch practice," Flint answered simply.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Wood narrowed his eyes.

"Easy Wood," Flint rolled his eyes. "I've got a note."

From beside me, Ron groaned, "Oh no, I smell trouble."

Hermione and I nodded and we quickly walked towards the two teams. Wood was reading out the note that Flint handed him.

"Who's your new seeker?" Wood asked tiredly.

From within the group of Slytherins, Malfoy emerged with a smug look on his face. When does he not have a smug look on his face? I rolled my eyes.

"Malfoy?" Harry laughed.

"That's right Potter," Malfoy sneered. "And that's not all that's new this year."

He pointed down to his brooms. The entire team had the same.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's," Ron breathed out. "How did you get those?"

Flint answered, "A gift from Draco's father."

I rolled my eyes which caused Malfoy to look at me and wink. That git. I rolled my eyes yet again. Malfoy's eyes turned to my brother.

"You see Weasley," Malfoy smirked. "Unlike some, my father can afford the best."

I narrowed my eyes at him and put my hand on my wand. Who does Malfoy think he is?

"At least no one in the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione piped up. "They got in on pure talent."

Draco stepped towards us and glared at Hermione, "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

Everyone around us gasped and my grip tightened on my wand. That's it. I decided I was going to kill him.

Before I got jinx Malfoy, Ron spoke up, "You'll pay for that one Malfoy!"

Ron raises his broken wand and I already cringe. I tried to stop him but the words already left his mouth, "Eat slugs!"

A bright light appeared and instead shot at my brother. Oh bloody hell Ron. My brother flew back and fell onto the floor. All of the Gryffindors ran towards Ron while the Slytherins were laughing.

"Are you okay Ron?" I asked frantically. Ron shook his head and turned on his stomach.

"Say something!" Hermione begged.

Ron then proceeded to vomit a slug out of his mouth.

"That was foul," Hermione shuddered. A flash went off and I turned to see that first year Colin Creevey taking a photo of Ron.

"Wow! Can you turn him around Harry?" Colin asked excitedly.

"No Colin! Get out the way!" Harry ordered and we both took one of Ron's arms. "Let's take him to Hagrid's."

We walked past Malfoy and I shoved him hard. Ron continued to vomit slugs on our way there and I rubbed his back.

We arrived at Hagrid's hut and Hagrid quickly gave Ron a bucket.

"Nothing to do but wait until it stops, I'm afraid," Hagrid shrugged and Ron's mouth ejected another slug. "Better our than in!"

"Who was Ron trying to curse anyway?" Hagrid asked curiously.

"Malfoy of course," I rolled my eyes as I patted Ron's back.

"He called Hermione a... um... well I don't know exactly what it means," Harry said scratching the back of his head.

Hermione got up and crossed her arms. She stopped facing all of us, "He called me a mudblood."

Hagrid gasped, "No! He did not!"

"What's a mudblood?" Harry asked looking at me.

Hermione turned around and answered for me, tears in her eyes, "It means dirty blood. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who's muggle-born. Someone with none magic parents. Someone like me."

"It's not really a term you say in civilized conversations," I explained to Harry.

"See the thing is Harry," Hagrid said. "There's some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else because of what people call pure blood."

"That's horrible," Harry said, eyes wide.

"It's disgusting," Ron groaned after he vomited out another slug.

"I'm sorry bub," I frowned.

"Dirty blood," Hagrid scoffed. "Why there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less. More to the point that they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do. Come here!"

Hermione walked towards Hagrid and he engulfed her in a hug, "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute."

Hermione smiled at Hagrid tearfully and we stayed at Hagrid's until Ron finally stopped vomiting his slugs.

Hagrid spoke to me about our family and I told him what we got up to over the holidays. After a while, we left Hagrid's hut and started to walk back up to the castle.

As we made our way inside the castle, we were stopped by Professor McGonagall.

"Mr Potter, Mr Weasley," Our professor said. "Your detentions are tonight. Mr Potter, you will go Professor Lockhart. He will be administering your detention. Mr Weasley, you must go to Mr Filch. He has prepared something for you."

"Bye guys," Hermione and I chorused.

"Do you want to go to the library?" Hermione asked and I shrugged.

We walked towards the library and Hermione started to do homework that I didn't even bother attempting. I wrote Mum a letter explaining what happened to my brother today and left the library. I went to the owlery and gave Percy's owl Hermes, the letter. This year Percy finally allowed us to use his owl this year so now Errol is only used by Mum to send things to us.

After Hermes left, I walked to the Great Hall for lunch. I couldn't find the girls but I saw Dean, Seamus and Neville waving me over. I sat next to them and started speaking to them.

Lunch quickly ended and I tapped my hand on my bag. I felt the diary and suddenly had this strange sensation wash over me.

"I need to go," I said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Neville looked up at me.

"I'm not sure, I just know I have to go," I bit my lip.

Seamus, Dean and Neville looked at me concerned but I disregarded their looks and walked out of the Great Hall.

~~~

"Are you okay?" Scarlett asked me.

"Of course, why?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well Scarlett and I found you just wondering around the castle. What were you doing?" Gia sat down next to me.

"I... I actually can't remember," I said slowly.

They exchanged a look as my mind wandered off. What was I doing? The girls looked like they didn't want to question me further.

"That's okay. Let's just go to sleep," Gia suggested and I nodded.