𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

"Stupefy!" I yelled and watched as Dean flew backwards. A few boys from Hufflepuff helped him up and he grinned at me.

"Nice!" Fred and George high-fived me. I heard applause from the group behind me so I jokingly turned around and bowed.

We have had a few meetings in the Room of Requirement about how to defend ourselves against You-Know-Who. Most of us are starting to get the hang of things. I heard soon Harry will teach us the patronus charm.

Harry cheered, "Brilliant, Abby! Maybe you can help Neville?"

"Of course," I nodded and I walked up to Neville in the corner of the room. "How's it going, Neville?"

He sighed, "It's hopeless. I'm never going to get the spell right. I shouldn't even be in this club."

Neville's shoulders' slumped down. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Don't be ridiculous! You do belong in this club. You are a Gryffindor for Merlin's sake! Now try the spell again on me and give it your all!"

I backed away from Neville and everyone turned to watch. Neville took a sharp breath and yelled, "Stupefy!"

I felt myself being picked up in the air and thrown back to hit the mirrors on the walls of the room.

Everyone hurriedly ran to see if I was okay but I was just laughing, "That was perfect, Neville! I told you, you could do it!"

Neville smiled sheepishly at me as everyone congratulated him.

Up next was Ron and Hermione. I grinned knowing exactly how this would go down. I love my brother but he is no match for Hermione. I watched Fred and George make a bet on whether Ron would win or not and laughed.

Hermione and Ron both raised their wands but before Ron could speak, Hermione stunned him and he flew back into the same wall I did.

I walked up to him and extended my arms, "Well, what did you expect?"

"Oh shove off, Abby!" Ron grumbled. "I let her do that. It's good manners."

"Rubbish," I laughed and went to congratulate Hermione with the rest of the girls.

                         ~~~

The next day, we watched Filch put up another Education Decree stating that all students had to be called into questioning about suspected illicit activities with Umbridge.

I made eye-contact with some of the Dumbledore's Army members. This is not going to be good.

Umbridge called the people she suspected most to question first. I stood in line with the rest of Dumbledore's Army outside her office, waiting to be questioned.

"Up you come, Ms Weasley," Umbridge ushered me up when it was my turn. I grinned. There was no way she'd crack me.

As we walked into her office, she put her hand on my back and asked, "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"I'm fine, thanks," I responded and crossed my arms over my chest. "What is this about?"

Umbridge's lips turned into a thin line, "There seems to be word of a club created to conspire against the ministry and I. Have you heard anything about this?"

I batted my eyelashes innocently at her, "Not at all, ma'am. Why would anyone feel the need to conspire against you, our teacher?"

"Listen here, young lady," Umbridge snarled. "You will speak with respect when you speak to me."