𝘀𝗶𝘅

I woke up overjoyed as after our classes today we have the first Quidditch match of the year. Harry and my brothers, Fred and George, are playing today! Sitting at breakfast I saw Harry was kind of nervous and was pushing food around his plate.

"Have a bit of toast mate," Ron suggested but Harry shook his head.

"Ron's right Harry you need your strength for the game," Hermione told him. Harry still didn't seem convinced.

"It's alright to be a little nervous for your first match Harry but I really do think you should eat," I smiled at Harry and he smiled softly in return.

"I'm just not hungry guys," Harry said putting his fork down. I saw Professor Snape then walk up to us.

"Good luck today Potter," Snape said, "then again now that you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you—"
I saw Harry getting uncomfortable. Why does Snape not like Harry?

"—even if it is against Slytherin," Snape finished. I had completely forgot that it was Slytherin was playing against Gryffindor today. My eyes darted to the Slytherin table to look at Malfoy. I was surprised to see him already looking at me. He broke our eye contact with a look of disgust and carried on talking to his friends. I rolled my eyes. Git.

I looked back at my friends and saw Harry watching Snape limp away from us.

"That explains the blood," Harry says biting his lip.

"Blood?" Hermione and I ask at the same time.

Harry went on to tell us his theory that he thinks Snape was the one who let the troll in as a distraction to get past the three-headed dog. I pursed my lips. The theory seemed far fetched but could Harry be right?

Harry then explained that on his trip to Gringotts bank, Hagrid stopped by another vault to grab something and said it was top secret Hogwarts business. Now the three of them are convinced that that's what the three-headed dog is hiding.

"Alright you lot enough with your conspiracy theories," I said rolling my eyes. We heard an owl hooting and looked up to what I think is Harry's owl flying past and dropping a package.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione asks.

"But I never get mail...," Harry says and so Ron suggested that Harry opens the package. I watch at Harry rips the packaging open to find a Nimbus 2000. I gasp at the same time as Ron.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry says.

"That's not just a broomstick Harry—" Ron starts but I cut him off.

"That's a Nimbus 2000!" I say shocked.

Harry looks over to the direction of the teacher's table and I follow his eyes. He smiles at Professor McGonagall petting Harry's owl.

Breakfast ended and I picked up my books to get to class. On my way out of the Great Hall I bumped into Gia and Scarlett who apparently just came down from our dorm. They started to walk inside the hall but I stopped them.

"There's not much time guys, we can't be late to class," I say and they pout.

"What a goody two-shoes," Scarlett jokes and then it was my turn to pout.
                         ~~~
We had no homework from our teachers because it was Quidditch day! I was walking towards the pitch with Scarlett, Gia, Hermione and Ron.

We all took our place on the stands and were cheering on Gryffindor. It was so much fun seeing a match at Hogwarts again. I remember once coming when I was little to watch Charlie as seeker when he was in Hogwarts. Fred and George's friend Lee was announcing and he was so funny. I watched a girl in their year score.

"Angelina Johnson scores, 10 points to Gryffindor!" Lee announces and Gryffindor cheers while the Slytherin boo'd. I rolled my eyes at the immaturity but it's funny to see the house pride everyone has.

The Slytherin captain was about to score when our keeper Oliver Wood blocked the quaffle and sent it towards another Gryffindor. Gryffindor scores again! The Slytherin captain then took a beater's bat and hit the bludger at Wood and I watched as he fell off his broom onto the pitch.

"Ouch," I mumbled peering off the edge of the stand to see if Wood was okay. Someone on the Slytherin team whizzed past me nearly knocking me down the stand where I would've joined Wood on the pitch.

"Hey! Watch where you fly!" I yelled at the Slytherin but they never answered me. I saw Malfoy laughing at me from the Slytherin section so I glared at him and his laughter died down quickly.
The Slytherin's scored and I groaned. They don't play fairly at all.

Two Slytherins knocked Angelina towards the Gryffindor stand and she also fell down to the pitch. Great now two Gryffindors are injured. Bloody Slytherins.

They scored again so our scores were tied up. We just needed Harry to catch the snitch and then Gryffindor would win! I kept my eye on Harry and saw him starting to lose control of his broom to the point where he almost fell off.

I took Hermione's binoculars and saw that Snape was mumbling something in the teacher's booth.

"It's Snape, he's jinxing the broom!" I told Hermione and Ron as I handed Hermione her binoculars back.

"What do we do?!" Ron asked.

"Leave it to me," Hermione said and quickly left us.

Harry was hanging onto his broom with one hand now.

"Come on Hermione," I thought. I saw the teachers freaking out in their booth so I knew Hermione succeeded and finally Harry got a hold of his broom again.

The Slytherin seeker and Harry were neck and neck following the golden snitch. Suddenly they started diving down and the Slytherin seeker pulled away. Harry stood on his broom to try catch the snitch but suddenly fell off his broom. Oh gosh he looked like he was going to hurl.

Then Harry coughed out the golden snitch! Gryffindor won!

"He's got the snitch! Harry Potter earns 150 points for Gryffindor," Lee yells into the microphone.

"Gryffindor wins!" Madam Hooch announces and our house was beaming with joy. Everyone was cheering and mid cheers I saw Malfoy extremely disappointed. Serves him right.

We all celebrated in the common room after the match and after a long but exciting day I went to my dorm.

I took a shower and got ready for bed. I decided I would write to Ginny quickly before I fell asleep. I took out my quill and some parchment and started writing.

Dear Gin,
I'm sorry I haven't written to you sooner. I've been trying my best to settle in. Hogwarts has been amazing. Ron and I got sorted into Gryffindor and we've made so many friends already. You won't believe it! We actually met Harry Potter and he's best friends with Ron already. I'm sharing a dorm with 3 girls; Giana Cartello, Scarlett Beckmann and Hermione Granger. They are all so nice and I can't wait for you to meet them. I wish it was holidays already so I could see you. I already have tons of assignments and I guess I like the professors, well some of them but I'll tell you more about that in person. You are going to love it here next year Gin. The food from the feasts is delicious and endless. Speaking of the feasts, on Halloween my friend Hermione was crying so I went to comfort her and we landed up being attacked by a troll! Don't worry everyone is okay, thanks to Ron and Harry! Oh also don't tell mum and dad. There's no need to scare them.
I love and miss you Gin.
Write soon xx
Abby

I made a mental note to go up to the owlery tomorrow and send it off with the family owl Errol. I got into my bed and fell asleep peacefully.