𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

"Harry! Harry! Harry!" My fellow Gryffindors and I chanted.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting for the third task to begin. There was not a single person in the crowd that wasn't clapping or cheering for their preferred champion.

The cheers increased when Amos Diggory ran onto the transformed Quidditch pitch, Cedric close behind him. 

Next came Fleur with Madam Maxime, then Krum and Karkaroff. Finally Dumbledore and Harry appeared with Harry looked pale as a sheet.

I screamed louder for Harry and saw his eyes flicker to where I was sitting. Ron and Hermione were in the row in front of me and Harry sent us all a nervous look.

"Good luck, Harry!" I yelled and saw many Hogwarts students roll their eyes at me, clearly they wanted Cedric to win.

Dumbledore silenced the crowd and we all sat down. Dumbledore explained that Professor Moody was the one who placed the Trizwizard Cup into the maze. Harry and Cedric would enter the maze first because they tied in the second task.

"First person who touches the cup will be the winner!" The violent cheering resumed.

"What's Dumbledore saying to them?" I peered down. The champions were all huddled around Dumbledore and he was whispering quickly to them.

"I wish I knew," Gia sighed beside me.

Scarlett and I simultaneously grabbed onto her hand and rubbed circles.

The champions moved to their entrances of the maze and I saw Cedric blow Gia a kiss. She seemed to relax.

The cannon blew so Harry and Cedric slowly entered the maze. As soon as they did, the maze closed behind them and we could no longer see them.

"This is torture," Gia mumbled.

"Everything is going to be alright," I reassured her. The crowd was quiet, all very anxious to see who the winner of the tournament will be.

It felt as though we were waiting for hours with absolutely no news. No one had called for help yet.

"Was that a scream I just heard?" Scarlett shot up in her seat. Everyone seemed to lean forward.

"Do you think it was Ced?" Gia's eyes widened.

Scarlett bit her lip, "It sounded like Fleur."

The conversation ended when one single red spark appeared in the air, erupting into a firework of sorts. Some teachers ran into the maze and came out with a hysterical Fleur.

She was covered in mud and twigs. What on earth was going on inside that maze?

A few minutes later, Krum emerged from the maze. I grabbed Gia's shoulder, "This means it's down to Harry or Cedric!"

Now all we have to do is wait for either one of the two to return.

The two boys suddenly appeared in front of us after a while and the crowd erupted with cheers. We all got onto our feet and several people made their way down to congratulate them.

Scarlett, Gia and I beat everyone and already were on the pitch when Fleur screamed.

My eyes turned to where Harry was. He was holding onto Cedric's body and crying. Oh Merlin...

Dumbledore ran forward to try get Harry off of Cedric but he was protesting.

"What's going on?" Gia tried to step closer but I grabbed onto her arm to hold her back.

"I'm sure he's just stunned," Scarlett explained but I shook my head.

"What's going on?" Gia repeated slowly.