𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

The week of exams had come and I was beyond nervous. Today I had my Transfiguration exam and my Charms exam.

McGonagall told us that we had to turn a tortoise into a teapot. Before the exam started I was playing with the tortoise, he was very cute.

When the exam begun I had managed to successfully turn my new friend into a green teapot. McGonagall seemed pleased and I made my way to the Charms exam.

For Charms, we had to perform a Cheering Charm, a Freezing Charm and a bunch of other spells we had learnt in that year. My partner was Hermione and she very easily casted the Cheering Charm on me.

I looked to my left to see Harry failing to take away the Charm from Ron and he continued to laugh hysterically. Harry had clearly overdone the charm and he had to take Ron out of the room.

We then had Care of Magical Creatures where Hagrid told us we just had to keep a flobberworm alive for an hour which everyone in the class easily did.

In Potions, Professor Snape made us make a Confusing Concoction. Like Harry, I couldn't get the potion to thicken and Professor Snape glared at me out of the corner of my eye.

Professor Trelawney asked us to look into a crystal ball and predict something. I can't even remember what rubbish I made up, something about love or heartache. Trelawney didn't complain so I'm guessing she believed my prediction.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was by far the most interesting exam. We had to participate in an obstacle course filled with dark creatures. We had to paddle through a deep pool containing Grindylows and then across a field with potholes filled with Red Caps. One of them bit my bloody ankle.

I continued through the obstacle course and found myself in a swamp. We had to navigate our way with absolutely no help from a Hinkypunk who was giving us the wrong directions. Finally we had to face our boggart. This time with ease, I made Tom vanish. I think the first time I was just caught off guard. Lupin was beaming at me when I finished.

~~~

"Honestly Ron," I groaned. "How many times are you going to wind up here?"

I was sitting in the Hospital Wing on a chair beside my brothers bed.

"It's not like I'm doing it on purpose," Ron rolled his eyes.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What happened this time then?"

And then Ron told me everything. Everything with Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew and even Professor Lupin being a werewolf.

"I can't believe Scabbers was a man this whole time," I sat back in my chair, my eyes wide.

"I know," Ron bit his lip.

Our conversation was interrupted by Dumbledore opening the doors and walking inside.

Harry and Hermione were pleading with Dumbledore to prevent Sirius Black from receiving the Dementors Kiss.

"It's Scabbers who did it," Ron spoke up.

Dumbledore turned to him, "Scabbers?"

"He's Ron's rat, sir," I explained. "Well he was anyway."

"It's true, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat but then they gave him an owl..." Ron trailed on.