𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

My exams end on July 8th so until then enjoy this chapter. Please consider voting if you like this book, I'd really appreciate it :)

                        ~~~

"Can I come in?" I heard a knock on my door.

I closed the book I was reading and sat up in my bed, "Who is it?"

Scarlett had already returned home but Harry was still at the Burrow with us. Tomorrow, we're all going back to Hogwarts.

My door opened and I saw Mum come into the room.

"Is something wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Not at all, dear," Mum shook her head and sat beside me. "On your school list they said that there will be a formal occasion later on in the year. I already gave your brothers their dress robes and Ginny her dress—"

"So that's what all the yelling was about?" I laughed. "Ron having a fit?"

Mum smiled, "Your brother doesn't seem too happy. Anyway, I wanted to show you the dress that I picked out for you."

I hadn't even noticed the package behind Mum until now. She handed it to me and I carefully opened the package.

I gasped, "Mum, it's beautiful."

"Well, try it on!" Mum clapped her hands.

I quickly put on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was unlike anything I had ever seen. I absolutely loved it. The dress was long and white and red. It looked ombré. The top half was red and connected with the white bottom.

I could not take my eyes off where the red met the white.

At first I thought that the red would clash with my hair but it was perfect.

"You look gorgeous," Mum commented.

I turned around and bit my lip, "Mum are you sure we can afford this?"

"Don't worry about it, dear, it was a gift from an old friend of mine," Mum smiled.

I quickly ran to her and hugged her, "Thank you."

                        ~~~

I was sitting on the train on my way to Hogwarts for my fourth year.

Gia sat in between Scarlett and I in the compartment. I turned to Scarlett, "How was the rest of your summer? Your parents wanted you back quite quickly after the Quidditch World Cup. We could barely say goodbye."

Scarlett bit her lip, "There's actually something that's been bothering me for a while."

"What is it?" Gia frowned.

"I think my parents were a part of the attack at the World Cup. Obviously I can't prove anything but they've been acting really suspicious lately," Scarlett sighed and sat back against the seats.

"I'm not quite sure what to say," I admitted. "Do you think your parents could be capable of doing something like that?"

Scarlett just shrugged and the conversation died down. Until we heard a knock at the door and (not surprisingly) saw Dean, Seamus and Neville.

The boys came inside the compartment and sat with us. We all were speaking about our holidays once again. It seemed to become a sort of tradition for the boys to sit with us.

"How have you been, Abby?" Dean's voice broke me from my thoughts.

I smiled, "All good and you? Just hoping for a normal year, if I'm being quite honest."