𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

"Honestly, Harry," Hermione dropped her book on her lap angrily. "You told me you figured out the egg weeks ago."

Harry looked startled by her expression and quickly said, "I don't remember saying that. Did I say that, Abby?"

I stood up immediately, "No, no, don't get me involved in your lies."

"The task is two days from now!" I heard Hermione snap.

"Really?" Harry replied sarcastically. "I had no idea."

I giggled and tried to walk out of the common room when Hermione grabbed my arm, "Not so fast, you need to help me find something to help Harry!"

I groaned, "Fine but if I have to go so do Gia and Scarlett."

Hermione nodded, "I agree. Harry needs all the help he can get. Come along, Ronald."

"I'm having dinner first," Ron rolled his eyes and I agreed eagerly.

The entire group left the common room and went into the Great Hall for dinner. After eating, Hermione quickly whisked us all off to the library.

"Grab anything you can find to do with merpeople, the Black Lake and underwater spells," Hermione instructed all of us and we all went in separate directions in the library.

"I can't believe we got roped into doing this, thanks a lot," Scarlett whispered to me.

"If I had to do it, you're doing it with me," I laughed. "What are friends for?"

Scarlett glared at me playfully and started taking some books off of the shelf.

                        ~~~

Ron was sleeping peacefully beside me and my head was laying on his shoulder, resting my eyes but not allowing myself to sleep.

We had been trying to find anything to help Harry for hours with no luck.

I felt someone shaking me awake and I saw it was Gia. I shook Ron and he woke up abruptly.

I could hear Harry and Hermione arguing again with each other. It was clear that everyone was getting tired of being at the library except for Hermione.

"Hate to break up this party," I see George appearing in front of us with Fred.

"But Professor McGonagall needs to see Hermione, Gia and Ronald," Fred explained. "So get up."

"Why just them?" I furrowed my eyebrows. The twins shrugged in response.

"Keep helping Harry," Hermione begged me before walking out of the library with Gia and Ron.

George went to follow them but stopped to ask, "Are you coming, Freddie?"

Fred shook his head and I could see his eyes were on Scarlett, "I'll help out this lot for a bit."

George was confused but left the library as well. Fred sat in between Scarlett and I and opened up a random book, not having anything to do with what we were looking for. I rolled my eyes and went to sit beside Harry. I could hear Scarlett and Fred having a conversation that seemed to last forever.

Even more hours had passed and I was so tired that the words on the page seemed to be floating.

I rubbed my eyes for a few seconds and the words went back to normal. I turned around when I heard Scarlett say, "I'm going back to the common room."

Harry nodded and Fred stood up, "I'll go back with you."

Harry and I were the only two left and I turned to him, "I wonder, Harry, why you've been leaving all your preparation for the night before? Must I clear up my schedule for the night before the third task as well?"