𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

I wake up the next day in a good mood and quickly get ready for my day. I noticed that Hermione was gone already again and so I wake up Scarlett and Gia. Soon enough the girls are ready and we exit our dorm to make our way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Once we arrive at the hall I make a beeline to Ron and Harry.

"Good morning Harry, morning bub," I say as I grab a piece of toast.

"Morning Abby," they both say. Something seemed a little off and I could tell Scarlett and Gia noticed too.

"Is something wrong?" Gia asks softly.

Ron opened his mouth to talk but Harry interrupted him.

"No no nothing at all," Harry replies quickly. I could see Hermione giving them a look from the corner of my eye. What's going on? Why can't Ron tell me?

"Okaaaay then," Scarlett says and carries on eating her breakfast.

Professor McGonagall stood up to give us announcements for our day and breakfast soon ended. We left straight to our lesson.

I had such a busy lesson schedule today. I start my day with Defense Against the Dark Arts then I have History of Magic, Transfiguration and Herbology. I feel someone snap their fingers in front of my face and I get pulled from my thoughts. I roll my eyes when I see Scarlett and Gia laughing at me.

"Ha ha very funny," I say, "I was just thinking about our day today."

"Well come on then, we have to get to Professor Quirrell's classroom now so we aren't late," Hermione says and quickly runs off. I always get a little nervous going to his classroom, something seems strange about our Professor but I kept these thoughts to myself.

"Good morning class, today we will be learning about..." Professor Quirrell started and before I noticed I zoned out.
                         ~~~
I walked up to the fat lady and whispered, "Caput Draconis."

"Yes yes come inside," she said and opened the entrance to our common room. The common room was empty so I decided to take advantage of this and do my homework on one of the couches. I heard people entering the common room but I didn't look up to see who it was.

Suddenly there was a dip in the couch next to me and I looked up to see Ron and Harry. Harry sat on a chair next to the couch and Ron sat next to me. I quickly turned around to see if there were other people around and I was happy to see we were alone.

"Ab, what are you doing?" Ron asked, eyeing my work.

"Upcoming assignment for McGonagall of course," I said as I closed my books.
The two boys groaned and I laughed.

"I completely forgot about it," Harry said face palming. I rolled my eyes.

"Listen guys now that we're alone you can tell me the truth. What's going on? I won't believe you if you tell me nothing," I said pointing my finger at the two of them. They exchanged a nervous look.

"I'm waiting," I said impatiently. I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for their reply. Harry bit his lip and then decided to tell me.

"Last night Malfoy tricked us into a duel in the trophy room only to get us out of our rooms. Ron, Hermione and I heard Filch and ran for our lives. Malfoy snitched on us and told Filch where we'd be," Harry said rolling his eyes, "we found a door and quickly went inside to hide. Inside the room was a huge three-headed dog that was standing over a trapdoor."

I purse my lips, "What do you think the dog was guarding?"

"We're not sure," Ron says. I nod.