𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

My breath caught in my throat. I had no idea I was so scared of Tom. I heard whispers coming from behind me.

I shakily lifted up my wand, "R-Riddikulus!"

Tom Riddle stayed still in front of me.

"I always knew you weren't strong enough Abigail," Tom smirked. "You need me."

Everyone was silent. I thought I was about to pass out at the sight of him.

"No I don't."

"But you do," Tom gave me a cold smile.

Someone beside me whispered, "Go on Abby, you can do it."

I turned to see that it was Professor Lupin. I nodded slightly, "I can... I can do this."

I raised my wand. With a strong voice I yelled, "Riddikulus!"

And before my eyes, Tom Riddle changed into a diary. My eyes remained staring at the diary. I couldn't move.

I realized that I wasn't scared of the diary itself, just the monster that lay inside it.

Lupin cleared his throat, "Right then. Let's have the next person come forward. Well done, Ms Weasley."

My legs stayed glued to the floor, just staring at the diary when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see Ron. He gave me a soft smile and moved me to the side of the class.

"Are you okay, Ab?" Ron asked me with worry clear in his eyes.

I nodded silently and looked back at the line of students. A few people were staring at me and the one person who caught my eye was Malfoy. He actually looked sympathetic.

Harry stepped up to the boggart and the diary transformed into a dementor. Everyone gasped and Lupin quickly stepped in front of Harry, to shield him from the dementor. Harry's boggart quickly changed into the moon. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was Lupin afraid of the moon?

Lupin said the spell and the moon turned into a balloon, "Sorry about that, that's all for today. Please collect your books from the back of the class. That's the end of the lesson, thank you!"

Everyone groaned and started to exit the class. I started walking when Lupin said, "Ms Weasley, can you please stay behind for a moment?"

Malfoy was the last student in the class and he seemed hesitant to leave. Lupin smiled, "Mr Malfoy, if you could please wait outside, Ms Weasley will be with you shortly."

Malfoy then hurried out the class and closed the door behind him. Lupin turned to me, "Your boyfriend?"

I blushed, "Blimey! No, Professor. Definitely not."

"Forgive me," He sat in his chair behind his desk and gestured for me to sit on the chair facing his desk. "I just wanted to speak with you about your boggart. It's quite unusual for a boggart to become a Slytherin student. Is there a deeper reason behind it?"

I cleared my throat, "Yes of course. I'm not scared of Slytherins, apparently I'm just scared of that boy. You see, Professor that boy was Tom Riddle. He was You-Know-Who when he was here at Hogwarts. Last year I was possessed by a diary containing You-Know-Who's teenage self and he influenced me to do horrible things."

"I see," Lupin sighed. "I'm very sorry to hear about that. I just wanted to keep you to make sure you're okay."

"Thank you," I smiled slightly. "I'm okay, just shaken up."

Lupin walked me out of the class and outside waiting for me was Malfoy.

I rolled my eyes, "What are you still doing here? Don't you have a first year to pick on?"