𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

I have online exams coming up so I don't think I'll be able to update as consistently as I am right now because I need to study. Hopefully something every 3 days or so :/

~~~

"So that's it then," I sighed. "Our third year done already."

Gia nodded, "I cant believe it."

We were sitting on the train in a compartment to ourselves for once. Just the three of us. I'm sure since Dean was still upset with me, the boys didn't want to come sit here. I also wasn't even sure where Ron, Harry and Hermione are.

I looked out the window to watch Hogwarts disappear from sight yet again. I was upset but my mood brightened when I remembered that I would see my parents and my older brothers soon.

"What are your plans this summer?" Scarlett asked us.

I smiled, "My family is actually going to the Quidditch World Cup. How wicked is that? I know Gia's already coming with her family and we have an extra ticket. Would you want to come, Scar?"

Scarlett's face lit up and then dropped slightly, "Yes of course that sounds brilliant but I'd have to speak to my parents first."

I nodded, "Of course, just owl me when you know."

A couple hours passed. Gia had fallen asleep and I turned to Scarlett, "I wanted to speak to you about something."

"Anything," Scarlett replied.

"It's about your parents," I bit my lip. "Gia mentioned that they aren't so happy about you being in Gryffindor and everything. I just wanted you to know that you always have somewhere to go, you can always come stay with us at the Burrow. You know Mum already loves you."

Scarlett's eyes watered, "Thank you, you don't know what that means to me."

Our heads turned to the door of the compartment when we heard a knock. Dean, Seamus and Neville were all at the door.

"Can we join you?" Seamus asked and Scarlett nodded eagerly.

Dean looked at me, "Can we talk outside first?"

I stood up immediately and exited the compartment. I leaned against the wall and waited for Dean to talk.

"Look Ab," Dean started. "I wanted to apologize for how I acted this year. I let my feelings get in the way. I can't force you to like me back. I'm really sorry. Friends again?"

I smiled, "Friends again. It's okay, Dean. I appreciate your apology."

Dean started laughing suddenly, "I think the part that really annoyed me most was the fact that I found you with Malfoy of all people, you know?"

I chuckled awkwardly, "Understandable."

"What do you see in him anyway?" Dean asked.

"That's the million dollar question," I mumbled. Malfoy's grey eyes flashed through my head but I remained quiet.

"Anyway, thank you for accepting my apology. I hope things can go back to normal now. I would never want to lose you as a friend," Dean smiled at me and I returned it.

I pulled him into a hug, "Of course."

"What do you think you're doing, Thomas?" A voice snarled.

I let go of the hug to see Malfoy making his way towards us, with his goons, Crabbe and Goyle.

They both looked utterly confused as to why Malfoy was talking to me.

"What does it look like, Malfoy?" Dean answered.