𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

When I woke up in the morning I headed straight for breakfast with Ginny's letter in my hand. There was a comforting silence while we ate until Professor Dumbledore's speech reminding of the holidays. I found this out after the meal, I never listen to these speeches.

"We need to go pack Ab," Gia says, "Are you going home for Christmas?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. I had completely forgotten that Christmas holidays are starting tomorrow. Not knowing the answer I looked over to Ron. He shook his head.

"Guess not," I said shrugging my shoulders, "Are you two going home or staying?"

I was a bit disappointed that we were staying at Hogwarts because I missed Ginny and Mum and Dad.

"We're both going home. I miss my family," Scarlett says smiling.

"Yeah I miss mine too," I said biting my lip.

"Abby you can go home if you want. Percy, Fred, George and I are all staying here though," Ron said smiling softly at me. I thought about it for a moment.

"It wouldn't be the same without you guys there," I nodded, satisfied with my answer.

"And hey! Now that I think about it aren't Mum and Dad going to visit Charlie in Romania," I said thumping Ron on the back of his head.

"Oh right, forgot about that part," Ron said rubbing the back of his head.

"You can't get rid of me that easy Ronald," I said smirking. He rolled his eyes.

"Well I'm also going home," Hermione says, "Looks like it's just going to be you, Harry and Ron."

"Wicked!" I said grinning. The girls all glared jokingly at me.

"No offense," I said while giggling. They all rolled their eyes.

Besides Ginny and Mum I hardly ever had interactions with girls before Hogwarts. My entire life is filled with boys. I don't mind at all being left the only girl from our group.

Oh shoot speaking of Ginny I need to go to the owlery. I stood up and said goodbye to everyone.

"Where are you going? Must we wait for you?" Hermione questioned. I shook my head.

"Just going to the owlery to give Errol a letter to deliver," I said and walked out of the Great Hall.

I walked to the West Tower up the stairs into the owlery. It smelt awful so I made a beeline for Errol, not intending to stay long. I let him nibble on my finger before giving him the letter.

"Please deliver this to Ginny," I whispered to him. I saw almost a look of determination on his face as he ascended into the air, hitting the frame of the empty windows twice before finally making his way out the tower.

I watched him fly away mesmerized. Errol was flying so freely and I couldn't wait until next year for Quidditch tryouts so I could feel like that. Even though we do have flying lessons, they're a bit restrictive. Snow was already starting to fall and I was so excited. I loved the snow!

I got snapped out of my thoughts by someone muttering, "Weasley."

I groaned silently, I could recognize that cold voice anywhere.

"Malfoy," I scowled as I turned around, "what do you want?"

"Was just curious if you were staying for the holidays that's all," he said shrugging his shoulders before walking to his owl and handing it a letter.

"What's it to you?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Geez Weasley I was just trying to be friendly," Malfoy said rolling his eyes.