𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

"Excuse me... pardon me... coming through here," I squirmed through a huge group of the younger years trying to get into the Great Hall. "Out of my way!"

I pumped my fist into the air in victory of finally getting inside the Great Hall.

"Excuse our friend, she's very excited today," Gia apologized to the younger year students.

"What is she so excited for?" I heard a younger boy ask and my ears perked up.

"No-!" Scarlett tried but it was too late.

I turned around in my tracks and ran up to the boy, "Don't you know what day it is, kid?"

"You just had to ask," Scarlett mumbled to the kid as I dramatically turned around. I threw my hands in the air.

"No?" The boy answered hesitantly.

"Why, it's the best day do the year," I grinned and turned back to face him. "It's Quidditch try-outs!"

The boy showed no enthusiasm so I started aggressively walking towards him, "Do you know what this means??"

The boy gulped so I answered for him, "It means that this girl right here is going to be on the team this year."

"Gryffindor's new top chaser," I squealed. "Do you see it, kid?"

"Can I sit down?" The boy was rolling his eyes.

"Fine, I'm bored of you. Enjoy breakfast," I smiled sweetly. "Look out for me on the Quidditch pitch!"

"You scared that poor boy half to death," Gia said disapprovingly.

"Basically harassed the kid," Scarlett agreed.

"Who cares? It's Quidditch try-outs! Today anything can happen."

We walked to the Gryffindor table and sat a bit further down from the boy I 'harassed' and he sent a scared look in my direction.

I turned to see my brother looking the complete opposite of me. He had turned almost green. I thought he was going to be sick.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked and I bit into a slice of toast.

"Quidditch try-outs," Ron replied.

"I know!" I said enthusiastically. "Isn't it great?"

"No it isn't bloody great. I've heard that Cormac McLaggen is trying out this year. I've got no chance against him," Ron sighed angrily.

Harry and Hermione were sat beside him. On the table was Ron's empty plate, something I don't think I've seen my whole life. Scarlett laughed.

"Honestly Ron this is the first time I've seen you not eat at a meal, it's scary," Scarlett's eyes were wide.

"I'm not hungry," he muttered.

"Oh cheer up Ron!" I grinned at him. "Today will be great. Right, Harry?"

Harry was a bit occupied looking at my younger sister but quickly snapped out of it to answer me when I repeated my question, "Uh— Yeah, everything will be great."

~~~

It seemed as though the entire Gryffindor house had been sat in the Quidditch stands, waiting for tryouts to begin.

The supporters sat and cheered while all the potential team members stood anxiously waiting for Harry to arrive.

I watched him walking in the distance and felt my hands start to sweat.