𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

"What is that?" I said breathlessly.

Draco quickly rolled his sleeve down and grabbed my arm, "Let me explain."

"Are you crazy?" I snapped. "I'm not hearing another word out of your mouth."

I attempt to turn away from him, but my world freezes. My eyes widen when I hear the words, "Petrificus Totalus."

I fell to the ground. Unable to move, I tried to shoot my eyes in Draco's direction.

I am beyond afraid of him right now. This was it. This was the secret he's been keeping from me the entire year. The reason we couldn't be together.

Draco lifted me up easily and seated me on a wooden chair. My eyes still showed signs of disobedience and he sighed. When I finally gave up and Draco sees my eyes have calmed down, he releases me from the curse.

Draco chanted, "Episkey," and my body is free.

I gain control of my limbs again and I start to back away from him.

"Abby..."

"Stay back, you hear me?" I glared at him and keep my hand out in front of me for protection. I patted my pocket with my other hand and didn't find my wand there. He must've taken it from me when I was cursed.

"I just want to talk to you," Draco claimed and threw my wand towards me. I caught it mid-air. Bloody hell, I really should've made the quidditch team.

"I don't want to hear it," I snapped. "What were you thinking?"

"It had to be done," he replied softly. I felt a pang of sympathy in my heart before it quickly disappeared.

His eyes immediately started tearing up, "I'm so sorry. You have no idea how much I love you and how much I want to be with you. It's just not possible."

"You l-love me?" I stuttered. Draco gazed into my eyes intensely.

"Of course I do. I've loved you from the moment I saw you, I just didn't know it." He said earnestly.

"Oh Draco," I covered my mouth with my hand to contain my sob and stare at his covered arm. "What have you done?"

I ran into his arms and held onto him tightly. He cried silently on my shoulder and I felt my shirt beginning to dampen. Tears well up in my eyes.

Draco would never choose this life. He is kind and gentle. None of this is his fault. None of it.

"Why?" I croaked.

"He wanted to punish my father for that night in the Ministry," He replied softly. "If I refused, he would kill my mother and I."

"I don't know what to say," I shook my head and released him from my grip.

"Now you see why we can't be together," Draco grabbed my arm and stroked it gently. "You can hate me all you want, I never wanted you to find out this way."

"Hate you?" I echoed him. "Draco, I have loved you for longer than even I know. We will get through this together."

"No you can't, I won't let you get involved with this. It's too messy. I'd rather you hate me," Draco cupped my face in his hands.

"I could never hate you," I whispered and closed my eyes.

He placed a small kiss on my lips, "We can't do this, I'm sorry. I won't endanger you."

"Draco..."

"Please just stay with me for a bit?" He pleaded and looked me in the eyes.

I nodded and we sat down together on a random chair in this giant room. He continued to cry in my arms.