𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘅

It was pouring rain outside the Burrow. I was sitting in the kitchen playing wizard chess with Fred. The whole day we were in competing in a family wizard chess tournament of sorts and Fred and I were the only ones left.

It rained the entire day so we all tried to make the best of our time inside. The clock struck symbolizing that it was now midnight.

"You're going down, Weasley," I smirked.

"You wish, Weasley," Fred laughed and destroyed one of my pawns.

My smirk remained on my face as I instructed my queen to move forward, "Checkmate!"

Fred swore under his breath and held out his hand for me to shake.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I jumped in my chair. Since Cedric died and You-Know-Who came back, I've been more on edge.

Fred pulled out his wand, "Stay here, Ab."

He stood up from the table to open the door. I went to the window to try and get a look at who's there but I couldn't see a thing.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Fred ask, concern laced in his voice.

I quickly walked to the door and froze. I saw my best friend standing in the pouring rain with her trunk beside her.

"Scar?" I gasped. "What happened?"

Fred and I helped her inside the house and since they were now of age, Fred said a quick drying spell in an attempt to warm her up.

I realized that Scarlett was also crying so I turned to Fred, "Go call Mum down."

I turned back to Scarlett and took her to the couch. She sobbed quietly, "I'm so sorry to come here so late and bother you."

I rolled my eyes, "You're not bothering us, Scar. You're always welcome here. Tell me what's going on?"

She took a shaky breath, "It's my parents. They're Death Eaters."

"How do you know?"

"I've been writing to Harry, asking him about that night at the graveyard because I couldn't stop thinking if they were there. He told me that You-Know-Who said their names," Scarlett explained. "I confronted them about it and they admitted that they were. I did the only thing I could think of, I left. I packed my things and came here as quickly as I could."

I didn't realize that Mum was behind us but she rushed forward to hug Scarlett, "You are welcome to stay with us as long as you need, dear."

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley," Scarlett rubbed her eyes.

"Call me Molly," Mum smiled sadly and pulled away from the hug. "Take Scarlett to your room Abby, we'll fix her a proper bed tomorrow."

I nodded and took Scarlett's hand. Together we walked up the stairs and into my room.

"What are you doing up?" I laughed at Ginny.

"Writing to Michael," she grinned.

Ginny had recently started dating a boy from Ravenclaw in my year named Michael Corner. They apparently got to know each other at the Yule Ball.

"I didn't know you were coming, what are you doing here?" Ginny asked as she greeted Scarlett.

"Let's talk about it in the morning," I suggested. "It's time for bed."

Scarlett and I got into my bed and went to sleep.

                         ~~~

Scarlett spent the summer with us and spent all of her time getting closer to Fred.