𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

The pouring rain muffled in my ears. All I could hear was Dean's voice again and again in my mind.

I stuttered, "Y-You what?"

Dean scowled, "Forget it. You obviously don't feel the same way. I just thought that maybe on the train... whatever. Let's just go inside."

He stormed past me and we walked into the castle. I was silent, not sure what to say and still feeling dizzy from my kiss with Malfoy. My first kiss. I put a finger to my lips to find that they felt almost electric. I never wanted the feeling to stop.

My focus turned to Dean because I could feel his anger radiating off of him as we stepped into the Great Hall.

The sorting had just begun so no one noticed us slipping into the Gryffindor table. I sat besides Hermione and Gia. My eyes are glued to the Slytherin table where I saw Malfoy staring directly at me. I blushed instantly but it vanished when I saw everyone's concerned looks around me.

Scarlett picked up a strand of my hair and squeezed it. Water fell out and she said, "Have you just been sitting in the rain then? Where have you been?"

Before I could answer I started sneezing. Gia put a hand on my arm, "Abby, you're freezing!"

Hermione took out her wand and casted, "Focillo!"

I felt myself getting warmer at once and my clothes were starting to dry. All my friends were looking at me waiting for a response. I turned to look a little further down the table to see Dean clenching his fork in his hand and glaring in the direction of Malfoy.

Seamus was beside Dean and trying to get his attention to see what was wrong with him but Dean's eyes didn't falter.

"I'd rather not get into it now," I admitted. The girls were still staring at me.

"We were so worried when we didn't see you come out of the carriages," Gia bit her lip.

Scarlett nodded, "Dean went to go look for you. I'm guessing he found you?"

I silently nodded and finally took my eyes off Dean, his confession still playing through my mind on repeat.

                        ~~~

"Dean, please speak to me," I begged but he kept a straight face. We walked into Professor Trelawney's classroom and Dean sat the furthest he could from me.

I sat by myself at a table, seeing that everyone was already sitting together. Suddenly a voice said, "Do you mind?"

I looked up to see Neville. I rolled my eyes, "No Neville, I don't like you, you can't sit here."

His eyes went wide, "Oh I-I'm sorry, I'll go sit somewhere else."

I grabbed his arm as he stood up, "Merlin, Neville I was being sarcastic. Of course you can sit here. You're my friend. You don't even need to ask."

"Thank y-you," He smiled and our heads turn to look at our Professor.

"Welcome my children," Trelawney adjusted her glasses, "In this room, you shall discover the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight."

She bumped into a table as she got up and a few people started giggling.

"Hello, I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseonmancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you," she gestured to our tea cups.

I handed Neville mine and took his. I looked down at Neville's cup but I had trouble understanding what his future would be. I mean this was only my first lesson.

"Professor," I called her over. "I don't understand Neville's cup. What pattern is that?"

Trelawney walked over and took the cup from my hand. She looked down and gasped, "Oh this is not good... this is really not good..."

"What?" Neville asked. "What does it say?"

Trelawney mumbles, "I... um... how is your grandmother, Mr Longbottom?"

Neville's eyes widened, "I-I think so Professor."

She pursed her lips and walked away, "Pity."

Neville looked so scared.

"Don't worry Neville," I put my hand over his. "I'm sure everything is okay. You've heard the rumours about this class. She's crazy."

Neville nodded silently. I peered into the cup in his hands, "What does my cup say?"

Neville squinted, "I think that looks like a heart... which means that love is coming your way. There is also this sort of knot, which means that you will have a lot of stress."

"Well that's bloody brilliant," I muttered.

Trelawney was behind him and as soon as she spoke, Neville jumped up in fear, "Ahh yes Ms Weasley, love will be arriving at your doorstep soon but it will cause stress on your wellbeing."

I blushed immediately and everyone stared at me. Dean met my eye-line for a second but then turned away. I felt so bad about what had happened between us. I had never intended on leading him on. He has always been like a friend to me.

And well Malfoy... don't even let me get started on him. I could not believe that he kissed me. Of course, there was something that has always drawn me to him but he is so horrible to my friends and my family.

So I should've shoved him off as soon as he kissed me... I would've saved myself a lot of overthinking and Dean would still be talking to me. I need to corner those two separately and sort things out.

I thought more about my fortune. Love with stress. Is that referring to Malfoy? It would make sense, I barely slept at all last night from overthinking. Would I call it love, though? Definitely not. Until yesterday I thought I despised the boy.

Wait no, I mean I still despise him.

"Oi!" Ron narrowed his eyes at me. "What did she say about your future? Love? I'll hurt whoever dates you."

I smacked the back of his head, "Shut up, Ron."

"Yes, leave her alone," Hermione rolled her eyes. "Abby can date whoever she wants."

Ron jumped, "Where did you come from?"

"Me?" Hermione answered. "I've been here the whole time. Honestly Ronald."

Trelawney grabbed Harry's cup from Ron because Ron was doing an awful job at interpreting the pictures.

She gasped and dropped the cup onto the table, "My dear... you have the Grim."

"What's the Grim?" Seamus asked.

Someone was reading out the meaning. The Grim. An omen of Death. Oh bloody hell, Harry can never seem to get a break.

Class ended after that and I grabbed my books to walk out. Dean hurried out the class and ignored me.

"Dean! Please can we talk?" I called after him.

No answer yet again. Seamus and Neville stopped beside me, "What happened between you two?"

I bit my lip, "I don't even know."