Together Forever

A oneshot for CrinimalFrancine2020 

Song: Together Forever by Rick Astley

Jones' POV

I was doing some thinking, hard thinking, about my lovely girlfriend: Alessia Dupont. We met in Switzerland. It's been about a year and a half since we started dating. I often have long periods where I just sit and think about her. However, this one was different. Well... It's not like I haven't ever had thoughts about this topic before, this time I actually put those thoughts into reality and motion because I actually did something about it. I went to the closest jewelry store and walk-in. I won't have the problem of Alessia walking in on me doing this because she was in Switzerland right now. However, she's planning on moving here with me! I'm excited. But when she gets here, I want to do something special. I wanted to do something even more special then what I normally do. You see, I wanted to propose to her. That's why I am in this jewelry business place in the first place. I walked over to the closest display case and looked for a ring that she would like. Maybe something to go with her outfits? She normally wears a pink shirt with a number of different white lines and triangular designs. Over the shirt is a blue denim jean jacket. She wears a dark gold pendant around her neck. Her short blonde hair is swept to the side, which I think is quite cute. Her brown eyes sparkle like diamonds so perhaps I should get a ring to match that? I'm sure that she'd like anything, but I want it to be perfect, you know? I've finally found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. And this time... it'll stay that way. I will keep my sweet Alessia out of harm's way, no matter what that takes. I promise. Oh, I'll keep that promise, I swear! I picked out a five-carat diamond ring. I smiled at the jeweler and they smiled back. I happily paid with my card and closed the box, carefully putting the ring box in my pocket. I thought about how to do this. I'm probably going to get some advice on how to actually propose after she finishes the puzzles and scavenger hunt. I should go talk to Gabriel or Amir or Alex.

I should probably give some context. It's been roughly three years since the whole Rozetta-Dreamlife-Dome-Superpower-SARA scandal. It's been three years since I lost Zoe and we lost so much more. I can't pay homage to Zoe without reminiscing about the loss of Rupert, Mia, and Rita as well. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket as it fits quite nicely over my white button-up t-shirt with flowers. I walked over to the Grimsborough Precinct. I know I retired, but I am still welcome there! I walked into the building and I trudged into the break room, wondering if Amir or Gabriel or even Alex was there. I can't go to Martine for advice, since she left us, I heard she went to France. I notice an open box of donuts sitting in the empty room on the table. It's pretty tempting! What are they trying to do? Trap me? I'll just stop by their labs eventually. I guess one won't hurt. I picked up one of the sprinkled pink icing donuts. I began to eat it. I heard footsteps coming and shut the box. I stuffed the rest of the half in my mouth. Sofia walked into the room. She smiled and waved.

"Oh, hello Jones! What are you doing here?"- She asks, smiling.

"I came to get some advice, is Gabriel here? Or Amir, have you seen him around? Or Alex, what about him?"- I ask.

"Of course Gabriel's here! That's why I'm here!"- Sofia replies, her lips curling up in a smirk.

I blushed. "Oh, well, that's good."- I mumble.

"As for your other question, I don't know. I have no clue if he's here, but probably. You haven't seen Jasper around yet? Because I haven't. Or Alex either. He might be with Cathy, but I don't know."- She replies.

"It's okay, I'll just go stop by."- I reply.

She giggles, tossing her hand to cover her mouth. My eyes went straight to the ginormous ring on her ring finger. I mean, I knew that it was going to be big, but whoa. The diamond was easily like, over thirty carats! How Gabriel afforded that, I will never know. Sofia notices me and smiles.