New York Times

A oneshot for BF_1352

Amy's POV

I smile as I pull into the driveway of my home. A tough week at work with T.I.M.E. is finally done. My work week doesn't end till I get into my driveway because of New York traffic. I take my keys out of the ignition, turn off the car, and climb out. I get my key out of my pocket and spin it around my index finger, and then use it to open the door when I reach it. I walk inside and am instantly greeted by my sweet hubby, Russell Crane. His face lit up and he rushed over to me, hugging me tightly. I laughed softly at his embrace. He wraps his arms around my neck and rests his head on my chest. I squeezed him tightly, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Hi, Amy! I missed you so much! I'm so glad that you're back home." Russell beams.

I kiss his forehead and ruffle his hair. "Darling, you saw me this morning. There's no need for you to miss me that much, although it is sweet."

"I know, but I still miss you when you're gone! I like your touch and enjoy being able to have my hands on you... not that I mean anything in a sexual manner... I just like to have you in my arms." He replies.

"You are just the sweetest and purest thing in the world, I miss you too while I'm at work. Much more than you miss me probably." I respond, and he kisses me on the cheek in response.

"I would imagine that it would be awful in your situation... even though it might be a day or something like that for me, it's so much longer for you, Amy." Russell sympathizes.

"Mhmm. It is hard to be weeks and months on my end to be away from you- I kiss him and he kisses me back -but I'm back home for the weekend. A whole 48 hours that we can be together."

"I don't think it would be exactly 48 hours, we still have to sleep." He states.

"I understand that Dork, I wasn't being literal." I retort, giggling at his quirkiness.

"I didn't mean to be smart with you... or seem too literal." Russell whispers.

"I know that, but it's okay. I love it when you go off on one of your smart little tangents or stuff like that. It's cute." I reply.

"Well- He becomes flustered and blushes -thank you but I try not to do that, you are the only person who likes how weird and odd I am."

"You're special, don't forget that. Now, what have you been doing since I left? We should probably prepare something for dinner too, what do you want?" I ask.

"Heh, again, thanks, Amy. I've just been doing chores around the house! You know, like dishes, laundry, some cleaning, stuff like that. Now... about dinner... I don't really care what we have. What do we have in the fridge?" He says, going on to rambling.

"I don't know, I've just gotten home. You've been home all day, have you not checked the fridge?" I respond, giggling at his obliviousness.

"Well... I uh... figured that it would be more fun if we made dinner together." Russell mutters.

"That's fine babe, it's fine. Although I'm tired, can we do something simple? Tonight feels like a boxed mac and cheese night." I reply.

"Mac and cheese? I like Mac and cheese! That's perfect for me! If you're tired, I can make it while you sit or lie down on the couch if you want!" He beams.

"No, I can still help. I sure will be going to sleep right after I eat though," I mumble.

"That sounds like a deal to me, Dear!" Russell replies, kissing my cheek as he walks away towards the kitchen.