Lovely Day

A oneshot for xCherriez

Charlie's POV

I smiled as I stared at Chief Wright's mouth. He was giving a speech, something he often does at the end of each case or at the end of whatever we are doing here on the Airship of the Concordian Flying Squad. I'm not staring directly at his mouth, just at him as he spoke. I felt something gently rub up and down my shin. I peeked under the table to notice someone was trying to discreetly give me a loving touch. I was fine with it though. I know it's Maddie anyway. It's obvious by the clover green socks she wore on her feet. I glance over at her from across the table, trying to hide the blush that was beginning to come. I met her beautiful green eyes and I instantly got lost in them. Chief Wright's speech simply went in through one ear and out the other. We were subtly flirting with each other throughout the small meeting. With a wink, Maddie rises from her seat, as well as most of the others. I was brought back to reality and heard the very last of Chief Wright's speech. 'And I sure hope that you all enjoy your day off tomorrow because you really do deserve it!'- Was all that I heard. I rose from my chair and felt the curves of my lips itching to form another smile. A whole day of not having to do work? Imagine all the time I could spend with Maddie. I walked over to Maddie, grabbed her hand, and she squeezed it as we began to walk side by side in the direction of our room on the airship. Well, we have separate rooms but since we're together, it's just easier to share one.

"You weren't paying the least bit of attention to Chief Wright and what he was saying, were you Charlie?"- Madeline asks.

"I um... I tried to but... you were distracting me!"- I reply, the blush finally emerging to engulf my face.

"Aww. Charlie, you're adorable! But it wasn't my fault, I can't be sweet to my boyfriend and give him the love that he deserves?"- She replies.

"I... I'm not saying that... I'm just saying that maybe it wasn't the best time. I got the gist of what he said though."- I reply.

"Like what? What did he say?"- Maddie asks.

"We have a well-deserved day off tomorrow!"- I reply.

"That was the tail end of it, but I guess I can just relay it to you later."- She replied.

"Okay, but... what are we going to do tomorrow?"- I ask.

"I was thinking of catching up on some 'Pistols and Petticoats'."- Madeline replies.

"Where would you plan on doing this?"- I ask.

"Cuddled up to you. Why do you ask?"- She replied.

I felt the blush that covered my cheeks go darker. "I... I was just hoping you'd say that."- I stammered.

"Well, what are your plans for tomorrow? Since you asked what 'we' would do, I would love to hear what you want to do."- Maddie replies.

"I really just wanted to be snuggled up to you!"- I reply.

"Charles, you are the most wholesome man I know."- She says as we finally reach the door of our room.

"And you are the greatest woman ever Madeline!"- I reply.

Maddie opened the door and the two of us stepped inside our room. I walk in after her and follow Maddie as she plops herself down on our bed. Her frilly green suit jacket puffs out and she goes from a sitting down position to laying down on the bed and flapping her arms out, almost like she was trying to make a snow angel. I lay down next to her and she instantly moved to wrap her arms around my waist. Her head rested against my chest. She seemed tired so I swiftly remove the hat from her head, tossing it to a chair on the side, giggling when it effortlessly lands perfectly on the chair. Maddie's pretty green eyes stared at me, her lips curled up into a beautiful smile like a pageant queen, and she reached out to stroke my chin, her delicate fingers ever so slightly brushing against my mustache.