Drama Speedrun

A oneshot for AwesomePinerin

Edward's POV

I sigh and pick up my cold coffee. I like cold coffee but I ordered it hot. I take a sip and let my mind wander, although that was probably a mistake. My mind begins to think about what happened yesterday. Sammy really is intimidating, even as he was sick. I'm happy he didn't cough on me, being sick would make this even worse. He really does ruin everything. And Lexi rejected my attempts to rekindle our relationship! My life is over. I only got a coffee out of this and even that went bad.

I looked up and my thoughts faded away. My eyes landed on someone else in the coffee shop. There was a blonde girl in an orange hoodie. Huh. That looks like Kelsey Griffs. I know it looks like her but it couldn't actually be her. She's supposed to be in prison. The girl turns around, having received her drink. That girl doesn't look like Kelsey, that is Kelsey! Okay, why is she not in prison? How did she get out? I'm so confused. The girl walks over and then notices me. Kelsey smiles as she walks over to the table, taking the seat across from me.

"Hi, Edward. Long time no see!" Kelsey beams.

"Why aren't you in prison?" I ask.

"That's a long story." She mumbles.

"Time is the only thing I have, go ahead and explain," I reply.

"I'll explain." Kelsey agrees.

"Please do, I am very intrigued," I respond.

"So, I was released on good behavior, and I'm so happy that Adelaine has a heart of gold. She forgave me and her parents even took me in. Her friends had some resistance to accepting me, but I was soon accepted into the friend group. I think I've fairly redeemed myself but only someone like Adelaine could forgive me. Speaking about forgiveness... I heard about what happened yesterday between you, Lexi, and Sammy. She forgave you, that's all that you need. Leave her alone." She explains, scolding me.

"Wow, that's... quite a story!" I mumble.

"Um, were you listening to what I said at the end?" Kelsey wonders.

"I was listening, I'm sad about it though. I can't change what I've done, or the fact that she has moved on and wants nothing to do with me." I answer.

"You don't need a woman in your life. I'm single and I've done just fine." She hums.

"That's your problem. I need love, affection, and a woman's touch." I reply.

"That sounds more like a personal problem," Kelsey said.

"Can I follow you home?" I inquire.

"Sure, but you definitely could have worded that better, Edward." She replies.

I stand up and walk over to the trash can, throwing away my half-drunk coffee. It was cold so I didn't like it. Kelsey rises from her seat and continues to sip from her cold cappuccino. She went home and I followed, walking beside her. We arrived at the house and it was very empty. Diana was sitting on the couch, watching something on TV. I heard noises from upstairs but couldn't tell what it was. Okay, I made it here but... uh... what now?

Kelsey's POV

Edward enters the house and looks around. His face was void of an expression. Adelaine and Hugh are here, he could talk to them. I tell him to wait here and then I ascend the stairs. I go over to Adelaine's room, going to tell her that Edward was here. I was about to open the door when I froze. I let go of the doorknob. I can hear loud moans and groans from inside. Hugh and Adelaine are... busy. I blush from embarrassment, knowing that I had almost just walked in on them. I quickly turn on my heels going back downstairs.

"So are Hugh and Adelaine not here?" Edward questions.

"They were... watching a movie. They might come down later. Now that you're a guest, would you like anything to drink?" I reply, not wanting to embarrass them.

"What do you have to drink? I'll drink pretty much anything." He returns.

"We've got water, lemonade, sweet tea, and a lot of different sodas and soft drinks," I answer.

"Got any fruit juices? I'd prefer fruity stuff rather than anything carbonated." Edward says.

"Uhh, hmm. I have orange juice and apple juice, that's usually just for Diana but if that's something you want, you can have it." I reply.

"Apple juice sounds great. I'd like that." He murmurs.

"I'll be right back with it." I agree, accepting his request.

I walk over to the kitchen, heading over to the cabinets. I grab a plastic cup and step in front of the fridge. I fill the ice up to a fourth of the glass full. After the ice had settled, I got out the bottle of apple juice. I uncap the bottle and pour the juice into the glass. I walk back into the dining room. Edward had taken a seat at the table. Hugh and Adelaine must have finished up their intercourse because they were now downstairs, sitting across from him. I join them, handing him his drink. He softly thanks me and sips from it.

"By how much you are over here, you must live here, Hugh," Edward remarks.

"I do live here," Hugh answers.

"You do? Really?" He wonders.

"Yes, Adelaine and I share a room." Hugh insists.

"Don't you have parents? Why don't you live with them?" Edward queries.

Ooh. Ouch. Hugh stares at him blankly. Adelaine's mouth falls open in shock. I mean, he doesn't know, but why would he say that anyway? I can't believe that he said that. An awkward silence fills the room. Edward looks from me to Adelaine to back to Hugh. He stays silent, probably thinking of a response.

"I don't have parents. My mom is dead and my dad is dead to me." Hugh retorts.

"R-Really? Are you telling the truth?" Edward asks.

"Why would I lie about that?" He mutters.

"What... what happened?" Edward stammers.

"My father cheated on my mother for five years with the same mistress and got her pregnant. They got a divorce. My mother had heart disease and didn't tell me, she then died of a heart attack from stress and a broken heart. I moved into the Jones' place, and my father went back to Italy. He wrote a terrible book that talked shit about all of us and he got arrested for defamation. I haven't seen him since. That's the whole situation explained." Hugh explains.

"Oh, that's dark..." He mumbles.

After the embarrassment wore off, we began to talk about other things. Edward listened a lot, saying that we were very interesting. He explains what he had been up to since we left. It was quite boring, he was just a regular guy. He stayed at our house talking until late evening. He had finished his apple juice and said goodbye. We bid him adieu and he walked out of the door.

"Do you think we'll ever see him again?" Adelaine asks.

"I have no idea." Hugh shrugs.

"Maybe it's for the best that he doesn't come back..." I suggest.

"I'm just curious. You can never know." Adelaine says.