Mark Your Terror

A Oneshot for Maria_Sweet8690

Adelaine's POV

It's been a while since Homecoming night. I love to reminisce about the night and the dance, it was a lot of fun. We've moved on to a new academic year, it's been great, I can't believe we're already Sophomores! Well, Sammy, Audrey, Jackson, and Gabriella are Juniors, but they're a year older than the rest of us so that makes sense. There also have been some developments in the friend group. Gabriella has molded-in well to our friend group. She absolutely enjoys working with Sean and William as the weather woman for the school news. Jackson and Gabby have only grown closer as friends. They've even started dating! They've been dating for a while and they both seem super happy with each other. They like matching each other in their outfits and wear a lot of purples together. I am also taking a lot of different classes, now I'm taking a more advanced French class. My French has improved a lot! I share French class with Lexi, Hugh, Sean, and William. The rest of my friends take other languages. The last period of the day, which was French class, ended as the bell rang.

My French teacher told me that the theatre teacher, Mister Hindinberg, wanted to speak with me. I guess it must be very important! My friends and I were supposed to go to a cafe after school, and I told them that I would meet with them later on. Lexi was fine with that told me that they would be waiting for me at the cafe. I hurried down to the art hall from the language hall. These halls are always so empty after school when we don't have practice! I was alone by myself in the art hall as I walked to the theatre room. I was walking but then I heard a scream coming from somewhere. Wait, that's coming from the theatre room! Oh my goodness, is Mister Hindinberg okay?! I hurried, quickening my pace as I ran to the theatre room. I was horrified and shocked as I stepped into the room. Mister Hindinberg was hanging from the ceiling as if he was hanging from puppet strings. Blood pooled from the cuts on his arms and neck. I gasped and felt the color drain from my face. I ran from the theatre room and ran to the principal's office. I burst into Principal Gwardieza's office in a panic.

"Principal Gwardieza! We need to call the police!"- I exclaimed.

"The police? Why?"- Principal Gwardieza replies.

"Someone's murdered Mister Hindinberg!"- I reply, beginning to cry.

"Excuse me? What?!"- She replied.

"He's dead! Blood was everywhere! They hung him up like a puppet on a string!"- I reply.

"I believe you... I'll call the Grimsborough Police Department immediately!"- The Principal replies.

"You can see it for yourself if you go down to the theatre room!"- I reply.

Principal Gwardieza walked with me to the theatre room as she dialed 911. She called the police department and her mouth fell to the floor as we entered. Principal Gwardieza gasped and almost screams. She covered up her mouth to hold it in. I was in tears. Tears were streaming down my face and Principal Gwardieza was speaking frantically over the phone. We heard sirens blaring from outside. I heard pairs of footsteps hurrying towards the room. I stepped out into the hallway, unable to look at the dead body of my theatre teacher. I looked up to see Chief Parker and some of her officers swiftly move down the hallway. Detective Ramis, Mister Ramirez, and Detective Gloria Hayes accompanied her. The Principal walked out to greet them. Mister Ramirez and Detective Ramis walked into the room with her. Chief Parker and Miss Gloria walked over to me. I felt terrible, I can't believe that something like this has happened! I don't want to be here... I feel like I might throw up too, they ruined the image of Mister Hindinberg... I can't deal with looking at something so disgusting!

"Did you find the body Adelaine?"- Detective Hayes asks.

I nodded through tears. "I... I heard a... a scream.... so I came to investigate... he wanted to talk to me anyway... now I guess I'll never know what he wanted."- I reply, wiping my eyes.