Forgive Friends, Forget Fears

A oneshot for zarahenderson3

(Y/N's) POV

The plane takes off with you in it. You look out the window and sigh. The trip from Germany to Grimsborough is going to be a while. You thought about going to sleep. You tried but as soon as you did you began to reminisce about your previous stay in Grimsborough. You remember the stay for the best if it wasn't for why you left. You left when you were twelve. Now you are coming back when you are eighteen. You had a best friend when you were in Grimsborough, but now, you have no idea where he is. You felt like your best friend might have just fallen off the face of the earth, but you felt hope still tugging at your heartstrings. You were best friends with Julian Ramis. After... what happened... you had to leave. You two were good friends though and his lack of replies and contact with you, unfortunately, saddened you. You were going to Grimsborough to go to college. You secretly hoped that you would meet Julian again.

I'm thinking about the... incident. You were thinking about if Julian was out or not. You hadn't attended the trial. You really wanted to though, but your parents would not allow it. You weren't a member of his and Freddie Stewart's burglary frenzies, but you were a tight third wheel in the friendship. When the whole accident happened you were devastated. You didn't just lose a friend, you lost two. You missed Julian greatly. However, Julian informed you of a lot of information. He got a one-year sentenced to a juvenile detention center. He's got to be out by now. You thought about him, hoping he's been great. You two talked for a few months but then he slowly talked to you less and less. Then one day, he completely stopped talking to you. The plane entered turbulence as it started to land. You were taken aback and ripped out of your thoughts. You waited, sitting in your seat until the plane landed came to a stop. The air hostess came out to tell us 'Welcome to Grimsborough' and other things. You get up and grab your bag and your suitcase. You head out of the plane, walk out of the terminal, and then you left the building. Your eyes caught a yellow cab drive up. You hurried over to the cab and waved. The cab driver smiled. You hurled your bag and suitcase into the back in the trunk. You climb into the passenger seat and then told the driver where to go. You needed to get yourself settled before you went to the university to get school figured out.

You needed to go to an apartment your going to be renting. It was supposed to be furnished already, but you'll sleep on the floor if you needed for a few days in case it wasn't. Your bag contains personal things. It also held a laptop for school. Your suitcase held clothes and other things, like small furniture items. They were more like decorative items really. You hummed under your breath as your cab driver drove. 'Maybe Julian lived in the building?' You thought. 'Probably not, but the chances or prospect of it would be nice.' The driver continued to drive. Hmm, Julian really seems to be on your mind. I guess that him not talking to you made you really missed Julian. It tugged at your heart I guess. You were confused too though. Why had Julian been on your mind so much all of the sudden? I guess his memory was what came with coming to Grimsborough. You wondered, however, why you felt so worried or concerned about him. I guess it was just feelings or whatever. The apartment was quite close to the university, that's why you had chosen this apartment building in the first place. You looked out the window and realized that you were there, having arrived at the apartment building. You felt the cab stop. The cab driver looked at you, expecting payment. Good thing you kept some American money. You searched through your pocket and found six dollars and some change that were lost in the pocket of your coat. The driver grumbled a 'thanks'. You hurried out of the car and went to the trunk, grabbing your things. You waved at the driver, who shrugged, which made you walk inside the building. You could see a man in business attire walk over to you.

"Are you (Y/N)? (Y/N) (L/N)?"- The man asks.

You nod. "Uh-huh! That's me!"- You reply.

"You are the new tenant for room 503?"- The man replies.