Unbreakable Pleasure Of Love

A oneshot for Francine_Love2005

Adelaine's POV

Hugh and I have grown really close as of late. Throughout his struggle with heart disease, I have been through all of it. We are currently in my car. I'm taking him to the precinct. Hugh has an appointment with Miss Martine and Mister Devani-Everett. Ever since they heard of his diagnosis, they have been working together to find a cure. I pull into the parking lot and park in the normal spot I park in. The two of us get out and walk to the precinct, squeezing his hand.

"Are you nervous at all about the appointment?" I ask.

"Maybe a little... I just hope that they can get a cure soon." Hugh answers.

"Aww, it'll be fine. Don't you worry!" I reply.

"Are you going to be waiting for me?" He requests.

"Of course! I'll be in the break room waiting." I assure him, kissing his cheek.

Hugh lets go of my hand and walks into their lab. I can hear them talking but I leave for the break room. I sit down on the couch and play on my phone. I wait a few minutes and then I am suddenly hugged tightly. I look up to see Hugh, with the biggest smile on his face that I've ever seen. Well, I guess he has good news.

"Adelaine, I'm okay. Miss Martine and Mister Amir gave me the cure. My heart's healthy again, isn't that great?" He beams.

"Oh Hugh, that's amazing!" I reply, squeezing him tightly.

He leans in closer to me. I giggle and close the gap, kissing him on the lips. We share a long and deep kiss. I can't believe it, I'm so happy for him! Hugh is finally okay, his heart is healthy. I'm so relieved. He is my king, my life partner, and my best friend, and I will protect him at all costs. I'm sure that he will return the favor. I pulled away from the kiss and noticed that his eyes were staring down instead of looking into my eyes. Mmm, he must like my dress.

"You like what you see?" I tease.

"Yes. You look so pretty and sexy." Hugh said, playing with my hair.

"I know, but this is not the place for this. Let's go home so we can have dinner." I respond.

Hugh let go of me with a sigh. He gives me a look that says that this isn't over. I walk off and then he follows. Hugh pokes his head into the lab and thanks the two inside. We headed back to the car and I brought Hugh back to my house. When we got home, I realized something. It was just the two of us. Mom and Dad went to London because they were at a friend's wedding. Kelsey is in Washington DC with the UN club and Diana is at a summer camp with her friends. Hugh and I had the house to ourselves. We could do... whatever we want!

"Do we have the house to ourselves?" Hugh wonders.

"Yes. My parents are out of town at a wedding, Kelsey's in Washington DC, and Diana is at summer camp, so yes we're at our own devices." I say.

"Oh... well, this will be fun!" He hums.

"Why don't you go relax and I'll go fix dinner!" I suggest, kissing his cheek.

"I can still help." Hugh huffs.

"I don't want or need you to do everything for me." I retort.

I kiss him on the forehead and then walk off to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I ponder what we're going to eat. Hmm. Perhaps I should make a Swiss dish? Hugh loves it and we are celebrating something special for him. I mean, the disease that could kill him is completely eradicated from his body! Swiss sounds like a good idea. But what to make? I take a few seconds to ponder it. Ooh, what about Rösti? Yeah, that sounds great! If you don't know what Rösti is, it's sort of like an American hash brown. It's a potato dish, usually with cheese. I get the dish's ingredients and then get the pan to cook it. I put a little oil in the pan and then begin to cook. I hum as I prepare the food. It is a quick dish so it doesn't take long. I turn around and notice Hugh standing there.