King And Queen Of Infinity

A oneshot for TheTDMCreat0r

(Y/N)'s POV

You sigh as you open your eyes. Another day of your life imprisonment sentence has begun. You were in the general population ward. You expected prison to be different, especially because you thought they wouldn't put a murderer there with the rest of the petty criminals. Why were you sent to prison? In the year 2017, you brutally stabbed your abusive ex-partner to death after you finally snapped and couldn't take it anymore. You've only been in prison for two years. The wardens came around to each cell, opening the door so the prisoners could eat breakfast. You shared a cell with no one, so you got claim to the top bunk of the bunk bed the prisoners slept on. You hop off of your bed and meet the warden as they open the door to your cell. You leave and begin to walk to the small canteen area but the warden stops you.

"There's just you in there, right?"- He asks.

"Yeah, it's just me. Why are you asking? You aren't going to do an unauthorized random cell search are you?"- You reply.

"No. We're supposed to be getting a new prisoner."- The warden replies.

"You're going to have them bunk with me?"- You inquire.

"You are alone, we don't have the space nor the cash to give you guys the luxury of a room to yourself. What's your name so we can give the information to the head office?"- They query.

"I'm prisoner 6290, (Y/N) (L/N) of cell 088."- You answer.

"Thank you for that information. The new prisoner should be transferred from solitary confinement here by the end of breakfast."- The warden says.

"Can I know who I'm going to be sharing a cell with?"- You request.

"No, we aren't allowed to give that information out."- He replies.

"Alright, I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks for informing me at least."- You mutter, walking away from them.

You walk down the stairs from the second floor of the ward. Workers were handing out trays with food on them. You get in line behind the other prisoners. Your handcuffs were off and your ankle shackles were off. You fidget with the edges of the top of your orange jumpsuit. The line moved quickly. You didn't notice because you were concerned with your thoughts. Who was going to be your new cellmate? Why did the warden mention that they were going to be transferred from solitary confinement? Why were they in solitary confinement in the first place? What crime did they commit? Why were they in prison? Prison is worse then jail. You don't do long stints in jail, you do that in prison. Prison is where the really bad people go. People who kill go to prison! Yeah, you killed someone, but think of the circumstance!

You felt something sharp shove into your back. You turn around, noticing a big angry looking man glaring daggers at you. The worker who was stationed at the breakfast line was holding a tray, looking at you. Oh, you are next in line. Not wanting to cause any trouble, you walk up to the worker. You collect your tray of food and walk to a table. You understand the hierarchy of prison so you know when to keep your mouth shut. You sit down at a table, beginning to eat the lovely breakfast that they give you in prison. There's a bowl of cereal, a small pleasant little orange, and a carton of milk. Prison food isn't terrible. It isn't delicious either. It's just okay. You shrug away the thoughts and grab your spoon, digging into the crunchy cornflakes. Working on eating took a while. You took your time though. You ate the cereal slowly between bites of it and sips of milk. The orange was the last thing you attempted with. Peeling the orange was satisfying. You nibbled on each slice and juice was pouring from each slice as you bit into it. You had tart orange juice trickling down your fingers. Heads around you turn towards the entrance door. You heard crying. No, it wasn't crying... it was more like loud sobbing. You follow everyone else, turning your head. You saw the source of the crying. A woman was led into the middle of the pod, yet one of the correction officers brought her over to you. You raised an eyebrow at the guard as they walk away. You look up, notice the face of the woman, and drop your orange, your mouth was agape. The pieces of orange that were in your mouth fell out of your mouth, falling to the floor with a 'Squish!' and a 'Splat!'. The woman in front of you was Angela Douglas.