I Knew I Loved You

A oneshot for Thunderdogist93

Shelbie's POV

I have a lot of feelings swirling around in my head right now. Michelle and I have been dating for a long time and I... I want to ask her to marry me. I plan on proposing to her but I have no idea how to do it. Maybe I should get some advice? I should go ask my friends Lars, Jonah, and Elliot. I walk over to each of their labs and ask to speak with them. We huddled together in Lars' lab. The guys look confused and I bite my lip.

"Guys, I need some help," I mumble.

"With what Shelbie?" Elliot inquires.

"I... I want to propose to Michelle but I don't know how to." I say.

They gasp. Elliot's cheeks go red. Jonah looks simply surprised. Lars smiles.

"And you want us to help you? I don't know, I haven't proposed to Marina yet." Jonah mumbles.

"We can gladly help you! Why don't you play into the fact that she's a detective?" Lars suggests.

"How would I do that, Lars?" I ask.

"Why don't you make a scavenger hunt? Place clues around town to have Michelle find you waiting with the ring!" He replies.

"Well, glad to help you out, Shelbie," Elliot says, giving me a smile.

Michelle's POV

I love my girlfriend so much. I also love telling people about her. I'm talking to some of my favorite Bureau colleagues. Jack, Carmen, and Marina are some of my best friends. I'm chatting to them about Shelbie, expressing my love for her, and I'm blabbing about how when I am with Shelbie I feel safe and protected. The best part about Shelbie? I'm falling in love with her despite my own past, she gave me a second chance.

"Let me ask you, Michelle, do you have an idea of your future with Shelbie?" Carmen questions.

I feel a bit shy to admit it, blushing pink.

"I want to marry her and start a family."

"That's so exciting, Michelle!" Marina beams.

"Have you thought about proposing?" Jack wonders.

"Well yes, but I don't have any ideas," I reply.

"We can help you think of something." Carmen offers.

"That would be much appreciated." I hum.

"Let's get started then!" Marina beams.

Shelbie's POV

The four of us have decided to go ring shopping. We headed to the nearest jewelry store and began to look around, looking at the rings in the display cases. I need the perfect ring for Michelle. I'm looking at a nearby set of rings when I'm tapped on the shoulder. I turn around to see Elliot looking rather enthusiastic about something.

"What about this one, Shelbie? This one looks like a good fit." Elliot hums, pointing to a ring in the case that he was looking at.

The ring was beautiful. It had a big diamond in the center and a band that was perfect finger size. This is a perfect fit for Michelle. She's not flashy with jewelry but always wanted a shiny diamond ring.

"Elliot, this is perfect! You've got a good eye." I reply, smiling and hugging him.

He smiles and hugs me back. I've always viewed him as a son. A clerk comes over l, hearing the excitement. I tell them that I wanted to purchase this ring for my girlfriend. The clerk nods and gets the ring, taking it out and putting it in a black ring box. I give her my card and she takes it, putting a transaction through. The ring is secured and I put the ring box into my pocket. We go back to the HQ and show off the ring to Dupont, Grace, Sanjay, and the triplets, who are also helping us.