Saving The Day

A oneshot for mlpkiarakiki

Sanjay's POV

I was downstairs eating my breakfast. I was eating cereal as I watched TV. I was watching kid's TV since that was the only thing entertaining at eight am on a Saturday morning. American TV and Bollywood's TV are very different. Also, it was quite easy to get breakfast. I don't have to pickpocket anyone or anything of the sort I used to do to get money to buy food. Life seems... very easy when you have the money to afford everything. But right now I'm just waiting for Miss Martinez, I mean Mom to come downstairs. The cereal was chocolatey little circles. I was hoping that she had the day off. She's always working and it's not fair! She's so busy all the time. Especially with the Bureau. Since it was Saturday, I don't have school. I don't have any homework to do, at least I don't think so. Should I check? I guess that I could check tomorrow. Saturday is my day to chill and for me and Mom to hang out. We actually had plans to hang out today. We were supposed to go to the movies to watch a new movie that's coming out. I am excited and really want to see it with her! I heard footsteps down the stairs and I turned down the volume of the TV. I shoveled the rest of my spoonfuls of cereal in my mouth. I drank the milk that tasted like my chocolate cereal. I saw that Mom was walking down the stairs. I stand up and put my bowl and spoon in the sink. I washed the bowl out and the spoon. I put them into the other side of the sink. Mom stepped into the kitchen and I quickly dried my hands off. I hurried over and hugged her.

She laughs. "Good morning- She yawned -you sure are up early Sanjay!"- Mom says.

"Yeah! We're supposed to go to the movies! I'm already up, dressed, eaten breakfast, and ready!"- I reply, smiling at her.

"Well, you have to wait. I need to get ready and eat too. Also, the movie theatre doesn't open up until ten or eleven I think."- She replied.

"Oh... well, it's only eight-thirty now."- I mutter.

"You can do whatever until then. As long as you have done all your homework."- Mom says.

"I'm pretty sure that I have."- I reply.

"Well, go check to make sure."- She replies, getting a pan out of the cabinet to cook her breakfast.

"I guess I could, but it's the weekend."- I reply.

"Well, I don't want you to fall behind. You don't have to do it now, you can do it tomorrow."- Mom says.

"Okay Mom, I will, but we will actually get to go to the movies today, right?"- I reply.

"I can't exactly make that promise that we will go for sure Sanjay."- She replies, starting to make eggs and bacon.

I sighed, is she really doing this again?

"But you promised!!!"- I exclaim.

"I know I did, but I can't help it if I have work Sanjay."- Mom replies.

At least it still hasn't happened yet, her canceling our time at the movies. I trudged upstairs to my room and sit down on my bed. I grab my backpack and look through it, seeing if I had any papers or assignments I had forgotten about. I did not. I had nothing to do. I grab my computer that the school handed out to all students at the beginning of the year. I checked my email, grades, and everything else we used. There's nothing there I need to do either. Yes! I'm free! Now Mom and I can spend the next either twenty-four hours or forty-eight hours together! I walked back downstairs, wanting to resume my watching of the Saturday morning television when I noticed that Mom was now at the stove. I walked over to her, smiling.

"So, did you check? You don't have anything to do?"- Mom asked as she took the bacon out of the microwave.

"Nope, I'm completely free for our weekend together!"- I reply.