Lies Revealed

A oneshot for BF_1352

Elliot's POV

I hear an excited bark from behind me. My puppy, Marshall, was sitting behind me. I smile at him and then scoop him up into my arms. His tail was wagging and he was leaning forward, happily licking my cheek. I scratch him behind the ears, stroking his soft fur. My girlfriend, Lauren, comes from the other room and comes over, kissing me on the forehead and then petting the dog in my arms. My sister, Esther, comes around the corner from the kitchen, munching on a chocolate chip muffin. She smiles and I could feel the excitement emanating from her.

"I'm so happy that you want to bring me with you to the Bureau's office." Esther beams.

I return the smile. "You are interested in seeing what I do, so why not bring you along?"

"Although you won't be able to help with the cases, you would be able to at least get exposure to what we do," Lauren says.

"You can at least help me if I need it, don't always listen to her, Esther," I reply.

"We should hurry though, I heard that we already have a case." Lauren retorts.

"Oh really? What kind of case is it??" Esther wonders.

"Well, we can't exactly talk about it here... in the car, we can." I hum.

"It's never like in the movies or TV shows, is it?" She mutters.

"No- Lauren laughs -it certainly isn't."

"I suppose that we should go, I wouldn't want to interfere with a criminal investigation," Esther replies.

"Did you eat breakfast?" Lauren asks me.

I nod. "Made myself a breakfast sandwich, you?"

"I had bacon and eggs at home. I guess we really are ready to go. We can take my car!" Lauren exclaims, hastily walking out of the house.

Esther finishes up her muffin and tosses the wrapper in the trash. I am quick to follow Lauren and Esther follows me. Lauren is sitting in the driver's seat, waiting for us. I open the door to the backseat and sit Marshall in the back, instructing him to be quiet and calm. Esther hops in next to him. Esther buckles up and I get into the passenger seat. Lauren starts up the car and backs out of the driveway while I start up the conversation.

"So Miss-Know-It-All, what do you know about this new case?" I query.

Lauren glares at me, playfully hitting me. "We're dealing with a murder today."

Esther gasps. "A murder? Oh my goodness... and you two have to find out who did it??"

"Yes, that's what the Bureau does. We help solve crimes." I reply.

"And I have more details too, but it's pretty gruesome stuff," Lauren replies.

"What happened?" Esther asks, almost whispering.

"A man had his eyes removed, but he was shot first." She informs.

"Eww..." Esther whispers.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just glad I don't have to see it." I agree, shuddering.

"Apparently his landlord found him in his apartment, dead," Lauren said.

"Do you think that I could use my powers to help with this investigation?" I wonder.

"Maybe Elliot... but they don't know that you have powers, do they?" She hums.

"They don't." I realize.