You'll Never Learn From Your Mistakes, Will You?

A Oneshot for Sanmirror

AN: This is in an alternate universe, so some things shall be different or odd! Hope you guys enjoy it! This is also part two to "Just One Peaceful Night, Please?"

Jack's POV

I was sitting at my desk and working on some papers that Chief Ripley needed me to do. Chief needed these reports as soon as I could give them to her. It's been a few months since the "Incident" with that entitled woman and her entitled, bratty, and spoiled son. What had happened might have happened a while ago and it might be over with but it is still burned into the back of our minds, Lars and I. May's head wound had healed by now but she hasn't forgotten about the incident. The woman had to pay a huge fine for the act of stolen valor she had committed, and she also paid all of May's medical bills; it was forced on her by the court. I heard that her husband divorced her and that she lost custody of her son. The custody went to the father. But none of that matters, Lars and I are just relieved that all of this was over. I flipped through a few more pages of the paperwork I had to do, checking off the boxes I needed to. I opened one of the small drawers of my desk, pulling out a chocolate bar. I slowly unwrapped it and snapped a piece of it, two squares of the creamy milk chocolate, and put it into my mouth. I figured this paperwork is going to take forever and sugar does help with alertness and it gives you adrenaline, so why not indulge in a bit of chocolate? I heard footsteps coming so I quickly wrapped the rest of the bar up and tucked it into my desk drawer. The doorknob to my small office shook a little and then the door swung open. My lovely husband steps in and then I sigh, resting my pen down.

"Hi, Hun! How are you doing?"- Lars asks.

"I'm doing good but I'm busy."- I reply.

"Chief has you filling out reports, huh?"- He asked.

"Yeah... I'm glad that you came to see me, I needed to clear my head anyway."- I reply.

"What's on that beautiful mind of yours?"- Lars asks, reaching a hand out to caress my cheek.

"I've been thinking about what happened to May again."- I reply.

"Ah... that..."- He muttered softly.

"Yeah..."- I reply.

"Man was that horrible."- Lars replies.

"Mhmm."- I hummed.

"It's just sickening to see people act as if they own the world, is it too hard to be nice? Or do they act like bastards on purpose?"- He replied.

I got up and moved to hug Lars. I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around his waist. He worries me when he gets mad. I gave him another kiss.

"Lars, honey, I know you are still angry about that incident and so am I."- I say, softly kissing him right on the nose.

"But that lady got served some brilliant justice and May is now healthy, just like the other two. Only God knows what the father of the spoiled brat will do, but everything's all good now, no need to worry!"- I add, caressing his cheek, which he absolutely melts at.

"I know mate- He kissed me, which I happily embraced how sweet and short it was -I know."- Lars replies.

Lars stays in my embrace, resting his head against my chest. I continued to caress his cheek. He loves when I give him all of the lovin' I can. I'm sure he loves that I'm doing this right now. We stayed like this for a few minutes. I love this too. I can't do this forever though, I've got to get back to work. I sigh.

"Lars, I love this, but I've got two stacks of reports I've got to do."- I reply.

"Mhmm, I understand. So I have to leave?"- He replied.