God Save The Prom Queen

A oneshot for Francine_Love2005

Adelaine's POV

Tonight is one of the best nights of me and my friends' lives. Prom has been amazing. It was fun. We danced so much that our feet still hurt now as we are leaving Prom. Hugh and I are especially excited. We won prom queen and prom king. Our crowns are amazing, although they weren't built well. My tiara didn't fit and it broke. Hugh's crown hasn't broken yet. It also is not fitting. It's too big for his head. It sits crooked on his head and I giggle every time I look at him. A new tiara is being ordered for me. We are going to have a party after prom, but it's not tonight. We've been asked to plan it. It is going to happen on school grounds, it's pretty much in the backyard. The edges of the forest behind the school, it'll be amazing! We've been tasked with making sure that everything is safe and we're probably going to clean up after the party. My prom queen duties will start with this and we're going to plan the most memorable garden party ever! Even though it's supposed to be my job, Hugh and the others have offered to help me.

For the party, Sammy is in charge of the music. I'm sure that Lexi would help him out whenever he needs it. The performances that we'll be doing will be handled by all of us in the theatre department, although Emma is the one whose technically in charge of that. I will be in charge of the food. The group of people who is in charge of the food was short of people. When they told me that they needed help because they were in need, I happily volunteered. They seemed pleased with me helping them. I was told that they were grateful that the theatre president and prom queen was helping them. I've helped them out a lot with the food, and I have prepared a lot of finger foods. It is a lot of fun. Putting together little sandwiches and small dessert treats is something that I don't do a lot, but it's something interesting. We're supposed to have this party in a few days, so we're just taste-testing things now. I carry a three-tiered tray and sat it on one of the tables, trying to think what the best way to position everything was. I ponder where the best place was. I should have it in the perfect position from where the banners stand. I hum as I ponder, moving it back and forth to see what position would be the best. I found the perfect place that makes the snack tier trays sit in the middle and step back to admire it. It looks great! I take another step back but hit something as I do. Someone mutters an "Ow!" softly under their breath. I gasp and turn around. I'm now face-to-face with the head of security here at Fairview High.

"Oh! I'm sorry, did I bump into you? I was just trying to figure out a few things for the party, again, sorry!" I say.

"Yeah, those are some sharp heels, kid!- He laughs -I just wanted to talk to you about some of the things regarding security."

"Ah, yes. I've been meaning to talk to you too!" I reply.

"I guess it's a good thing that we bumped into each other!" He replied.

"I know that I've been put in charge of some sort of security but I think it's important that I should have some help from a professional," I state, getting down to business.

"That would be most beneficial to everyone involved. After all, the safety of everyone is our top priority." Head of Security said.

"As long as the students, parents, and other faculty members are kept safe, that's all I want from this," I add.

"Yes, agreed. I'm willing to help you in any way, shape, or form you need me to." He says with a grin.

"If anything goes wrong or something bad happens, you and the rest of security will be facing the harshest of consequences." I declare, slightly glaring to show that I was serious.

"Y-Yeah... I understand that." They murmur, scratching the back of their neck as the hair there rose.

"If any of you break the law or do your jobs wrong you'd quickly be in a jail cell," I whisper.