My Second Rose

A oneshot for EmmaEva4564

Jones' POV

I'm so excited. My heart is beating so fast, it feels like it is beating out of my chest. I get to be my favorite role I've ever been able to play. Grandpa! You see, Adelaine and Hugh have a movie to film, which is out of state, and they can't take Ameliè with them. Alessia and I get to take care of our granddaughter while Hugh and Adelaine are working. As I bounce up and down from excitement, my phone rings. I check who's calling and it's Adelaine. I immediately answer and am thrilled by who's on the other end. My two-year-old granddaughter Ameliè.

"Grandpa!!" She shrieks.

"Hi, you silly goose! Did you take Mummy's phone?" I coo.

"Yessh! I do!" Ameliè replies.

"Ameliè, amore mio, Mommy needs her phone." Hugh's voice comes from the background.

"But Dada!!" She whines.

"I know you want to talk to Grandpa, but you'll see him and Grandma later today, I promise baby." He responds.

"Dada! No." Ameliè protests.

"I'm sorry amore mio, you can get the phone back afterward," Hugh says, and my daughter's voice is made clearer and louder.

"Hi, Dad! Before we drop Ameliè off, I have some things to talk about." Adelaine hums.

"What might that be?" I reply.

"I just wanted to remind you of Ameliè's allergies. Things that she can not have!" She says.

"I know what she is allergic to, Princess." I comfort.

"I know but... I just want to triple-check. Can you write it down? In case someone comes over with food? Or you go out?" Adelaine pleads.

"I was going to do that anyway." I agree.

"She can't have seafood or nuts. It doesn't matter what type of seafood or nuts it is, she can't have it. Even if it is cooked with nuts or in something that has had nuts or seafood in it previously, she can't have it." She explains as I scribble down the information on a sticky note.

"Alright, understood. We won't be having salmon or PB&Js while she's here." I say.

"Did you fix up a room for her? Or is she sleeping in your room?" Adelaine queries.

"Yes, your mother and I arranged the guest room for her. She has her toys and everything there." I explain.

"Thanks, Dad, that makes me feel better about dropping her off." She mutters.

"What? You think that your mother and I can't take care of her?" I wonder.

"No, it's not that... it's just that I've never been without her for longer than a day." Adelaine replies.

"I understand, Honey, it's a motherly thing." I reason.

She sighs. "I'll be seeing you in a few seconds."

Adelaine hangs up the phone. I hear a car pull up and park outside. I peek out the front window and then see Adelaine and Hugh getting out of the car. I hear a shrill voice exclaiming "Grandpa! Grandma!" and I watch as I hurry to put the sticky note I put all of my allergy information on the fridge. Alessia goes to the door and then answers it. Ameliè is scooped up into her arms, getting a hug and a kiss. I hurry over so I won't miss any of it. I take her from Alessia once she is done giving kisses and give her a big squeeze and a kiss on the forehead, receiving a kiss back. I put her down so she could say goodbye to her Mom and Dad and she does. Adelaine and Hugh gave Ameliè many goodbye hugs and kisses and she returned the favor, giving her mom and dad kisses and hugs too. It seems like they don't really want to let their daughter go. Hugh messes with her pretty hair and then he takes Adelaine's hand. He squeezed it and told her that they needed to go. Adelaine gave her daughter one more hug and kiss before Hugh scoops her up into his arms. They leave as Adelaine continues to explain her allergies. I sigh, laughing. We begin talking to Ameliè for a few minutes before the front door opens. Ah, Diana is here. Back from hanging out with Michael.