Ocean Of Emotion

A oneshot for 

Ocean Of Emotion

Elliot's POV

I sigh as I stare into the cup of tea in my hands. Even though I am drinking this, I still feel tired. I stir the spoon around in the tea, mixing in a little sugar. I am mesmerized by the motion of the brown liquid swirling around in the cup. Once the sugar is mixed in, I take the spoon out of the cup and put it to the side. I pick up the cup and bring it to my lips. I sip from it. Huh, that warmth sure is comforting. I take a deep sip and sit it back against the saucer. I hear footsteps coming and tense up. I guess the rest of my family is up and coming to the kitchen for breakfast. As the footsteps get closer, I can hear voices and chatter. My mother is the first to stride in. She flashes me a warm smile and steps over to the pot of tea on the stove. She pours herself a cup. My younger sister, Esther, comes in, followed by my older sister, Eliza. The two of them also get tea. My father is the last one to enter the kitchen. I avoid his cold gaze, practically shuddering at it. He gets a cup of tea and sips from it.

"Good morning Elliot!" Esther hums.

"Morning Esther," I reply, my voice husky from tiredness.

"You sound tired, when did you get up?" Eliza asks.

"I think it was about half an hour ago, I couldn't really sleep, and lying in bed seemed pointless, so I figured that I would get up and do something." I answer, my cheekbones reddening.

"Did you at least get some sleep last night, love?" My mother inquires.

"Yes Mum, I did," I reply.

"What have you been doing since you woke up? Something productive?" My father interrogates.

"I made a pot of tea and checked the news on my phone," I say softly.

"You didn't check the mail? Or anything actually productive?" He replies, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Um... I'll go do it... after I finish my tea," I mutter, taking another sip of my hot tea.

"Why not right now?" My father huffs.

"My tea won't be that good if it gets cold," I respond.

He glares at me but doesn't say anything. I look down and don't look at him. He's so intimidating. My mother sets her cup of tea on a saucer to the side and asks about breakfast. I ate a piece of toast earlier so I shake my head when she looks over at me. Eliza and Esther suggest toast and soft-boiled eggs. My father nods and my mother begins to scramble about the kitchen to make breakfast. I slurp down my tea and drink the whole thing in a few seconds. I set it down against the saucer. Not wanting to pick a fight, I sit the cup and saucer in the sink. I should just get the mail. I don't want my father to get mad at me or raise his voice.

I shuffle out of the kitchen and out of the front door, but I slip on my black fluffy slippers beforehand. Heading down the long driveway of our mansion, I arrive at the mailbox. I open it and notice some envelopes in the mailbox. I grab all of the mail and close it. I sift through the mail as I walk back up the driveway. It's mostly bills but there are some other things. Esther's latest report card, Eliza has a letter from a fashion brand which was probably for the designs she sent in last week, My father's got a letter from one of his business partners, My mother has something important from the college she works for, and then, to my surprise, there was a letter addressed to me. I grab it and open it.

The letter was addressed to Elliot Clayton of the Bureau. The Bureau ended six years ago, this letter is extremely late. I read the rest of the letter and the questions that began to pop up are answered. The letter reads "Dear former member of the Bureau" at the top. Okay, that's explained. The letter went on to explain that there was going to be a Bureau reunion. Why are they doing this now? They haven't wanted to do this before so why wait six years? I shrug the thought and stare at the paper. The letter was signed by Ingrid Bjorn and at the bottom of the letter, there was a small note that said that if the physical letter was lost, all of this information with a video call link attached is in an email as well. I walked into the house and the only thing that I could mutter was "Holy shit!".