My Sweet Daughter

A oneshot for MagicalTwilight10

Zara's POV

Sitting on the bathroom floor, I'm shaking from fear. It's paralyzing. I haven't been feeling well lately, I've been waking up with awful nausea, throwing up half a dozen times. The stomach cramps have been killing me. Also, I haven't gotten my period all month. I've missed it, it's never not come, sure, it's been late or early some months but it's never not occurred. Not to mention I've been getting crazy hungry, way more than I normally am. I spoke with Janis about my nearly debilitating symptoms and she suggested something that I was petrified of. That I could be pregnant. It was all the symptoms. So that's what I did. I bought a pregnancy test, followed the instructions, and am now staring at the results. I am pregnant. I don't know how Theo is going to react. I'm hiding from him here. There was a knock at the bathroom door. Paralyzed by fear, I don't answer it.

"Zara, are you in there?" Theo asks.

I stay quiet.

"I know you're in there, the door wouldn't be locked if you weren't in here." He hums.

I don't answer.

"Honey... you're starting to worry me! Are you okay?" Theo panics.

I should answer him, I don't want Theo to have a heart attack.

"I'm okay Theo." I whisper.

"Well, why have you locked yourself in the bathroom?" He asks.

"I'm scared." I reply.

"Scared? Of what?" Theo questions.

"Of how you'll react..." I admit.

"To what? Zara, let me in!!" He demands.

"Promise me you won't be mad or disappointed." I say.

"I promise, but it doesn't matter what you would tell me, I would never be upset with you." Theo says.

I stand up and unlock the door, tucking both of the positive pregnancy tests in my pocket. I step back as he opens the door. Theodore comes in and comes to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and his other hand softly caresses my cheek. Tears were streaming down my cheeks at this point. He wipes them away and kisses my cheek.

"Now Zara, what is it that you have to tell me that you're so scared to say something?" Theo inquires.

"Theodore, I'm pregnant," I mutter.

His eyes widened. "Really?!"

I pulled the tests out of my pocket and showed him. "Yes."

"Oh my god Zara, this is amazing!" Theo exclaims, hugging me tightly.

"Well, I'm glad that you're excited," I reply.

"Are you not? Do... do you not want the baby?" He mumbles, a sad look covering his face.

"What? Of course not! I'm overjoyed at the news, I just didn't know how you'd react." I respond.

"I would've never reacted negatively," Theo says, kissing my forehead and then leaning down to kiss my belly.

"Well, what do we do now?" I wonder.

"Do you know how far along you are?" He queries.

"I'd say at least one month, I didn't get my period last month." I blush.

"We could tell the folks at work as a first matter of business," Theo said excitedly.

"I feel like we should wait... to be absolutely positive about the baby surviving," I suggest.