Jealously In My Veins

A Oneshot for Anne_Frances3201

Kelsey's POV

I am absolutely livid! Adelaine Jones has ruined my life! To think of how awful things have gotten for me after she told the teacher everything like the wimpy goody-two-shoes suck-up she is! I'm a black sheep, an outcast, an undesirable social pariah! I can't find any new friends at my new school and all of my old friends deserted me and kicked me to the curb after we were kicked out of the Fairview Middle School production of Legally Blonde. They said that it was all my fault that this happened to them. Can you believe it?! They blamed me! Me for crying out loud! Ugh, they're a bunch of hypocrites anyway! After the situation at my old school, news of what happened spread like wildfire. Everyone knows about what happened and just about everyone here at Fairview High knows about it too! Fine! I'll be alone. When I reach perfection and do great things, they'll crawl back to me to worship me, beg for me to take them back, and say how right I was and how sorry that they are! And I will get to laugh right in their stupid faces! For now, I just have to sit here and stew. To silently and secretly plan my revenge. Someone from my old school walked up to me on the first day of ninth grade. I wasn't going to pay them any mind but they said something that was interesting. 'Do you regret doing that terrible stuff to Adelaine Jones?'- They had asked. I actually laughed at their question. 'You are serious right?'- I replied. Their face scrunched up as if they were displeased. 'Of course I'm serious. Do you feel remorse for what you've done?'- Was their reply. I glared at them for a slight second before laughing again at them. 'No, I don't regret a thing! That brat deserved every single thing that I've done to her!'- I snapped at them. They seemed taken aback and I just stomped off.

I walked through the halls of Fairview High. I was in the section of the school that had all of our arts and fine arts classes. I walked over to the theatre room. We are doing the musical Mean Girls. I want to see if I got in. I haven't gotten one of the main roles in a play or a musical ever since Adelaine screwed me over. The teacher screws with me too. I've only been able to get ensemble roles. Can you believe it?! Me, the brilliant Kelsey Griffs, a background character?! A gosh darn extra! I smiled as I saw the cast list hanging on the door. I rushed over, pushing people that were in my way out of it. I frowned as I got to the front of the crowd. Adelaine Jones and Hugh Anderson stood in front of the sign. They both seemed excited. Hugh's as handsome as ever and Adelaine is ugly as always.

"Mon Dieu! Can you believe this Adelaine?!"- Hugh exclaims, looking at her.

"No, I can't believe it either! Both of us, lead roles again! We did it Hugh!"- Adelaine said cheerfully as she placed a kiss on his cheek.

"What?!"- I shout.

The crowd goes quiet. Hugh whipped around, glaring at me as he wraps his arm around Adelaine. She pipes her annoying voice down and looked at me. I felt my cheeks go a little pink from embarrassment. The theatre teacher, Mister Hindinberg, stepped out of the room. He held what looked like a poster in his hands. I couldn't see my name on the cast list. I shove Adelaine and Hugh out of the way to see the list in full. Hugh was starting to look frustrated. I eyed the list up and down. I didn't see my name until I got to the very bottom. I was part of the ensemble actor group. Again. Are you kidding me?! The crowd of students had moved to look at the poster that Mister Hindinberg taped to the wall. I was absolutely furious at what is displayed. The poster was a promotional advertisement about Fairview High putting on Mean Girls the musical. In huge bold letters, it announced that Regina George would be played by Adelaine Jones and that Kevin Gnapoor would be played by Hugh Anderson. I was just... enraged. I grabbed the poster and ripped it off of the wall. I tore it to shreds and let the shredded pieces of paper fall onto the ground. Adelaine looked horrified and Hugh looked infuriated. I storm off and went home, steaming mad all the way home.