You Are So Brave, You Know That?

A oneshot for MonAmiess

(Y/N)'s POV

Me and the others, my team as well as the HMS Highmore are traveling the sea, although there's a storm. We're all soaking wet. I'm trying my best to help in every way I can, so everyone can be safe and sound. No one needed help, so I walked over to the deck, looking out at the rough seas, standing next to Amy.

"You know, these waters are pretty-" I start but the ship makes a wide turn and I fall overboard.

"(Y/N)!!!" Amy cries.

The team rushes to look over the side of the ship. I'm fighting for my life because the waters are so rough. I paddle, trying to get to the water's surface. I can't break the surface or get enough air. I pass out.

As I open my eyes, I'm surrounded by the team. I have no clue where we are. It looks like we're stranded on an island. Are we on a deserted island? I sit up, Amy looking worried.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" Amy exclaims.

"I'm fine," I answer.

She hugs me.

"Glad that you're okay, (Y/N)!" She says.

"What are we going to do now? Should we find a safe place to sleep for the night?" Jack wonders.

"We should get some sleep, we'll figure everything out in the morning." Amy declares.

Amy takes my hand and we decided to find a place to sleep. Everyone goes to sleep and in the morning, we were rudely awakened. Some guy was in front of us, yelling at us to wake up. Zara gets up from her cuddle fest with Kai and Theodore, walking over to him.

"Who are you?" Zara asks.

"My name is Curly Stubbs, and you are intruders here! Our village leader was murdered and it must've been one of you!" The man yells.

"Whoa there. We're not murderers, Curly! We're esteemed privateers under the employ of the East India Company! We lost our ship in the storm last night and washed up here. As privateers, we're duty-bound to investigate any murders, So please lead me and Privateer Zara to your leader's body so we can find out exactly what happened." I say, needing him to calm down.

"Shipwrecked privateers, eh? Alright- I'll respect your authority... for now! Poor Mrs. Rousseau's corpse is just up the beach. Follow me!" Curly informs, walking off.

We're led farther down the beach. We discover a dead body of a woman, a fishing spear protruding from her neck. Ew. Zara and I sigh, I suppose we should investigate. We inform Curly that we would investigate and we did. Telling him probably was a mistake. After finding out the killer's attributes, it was Curly Stubbs. We still had some other stuff to do, like getting off of this island and finding the magical treasure.

"Y/n, First a crazy storm, and shipwreck, then a murder... It's been an eventful couple of days!" Amy spoke. "If we don't leave this island soon, we're not going to get to Tortuga in time to stop the Egyptian Trading Company from winning the auction and taking over the trade routes! This was how the Ptolemys began their rise to power, and how we ended up with the altered present in 2029. So this is our best way of putting history back on track! Unfortunately, we can't risk using our time machine to leave this island we've been marooned on, so for now we're stuck here till we get rescued!"

"Amy, what we need is a flare gun to attract passing ships. I know how to make one- but we need some wood for the gun and potassium nitrate for the flare. Wood there is in abundance, and the best naturally-occurring potassium nitrate comes from... er... bird guano. But I haven't been able to find enough for our gun!" Kai replies.