I Will Be On Your Side

A oneshot for RustamMantyeyev

Cathy's POV

I was very nervous at the current moment. I shivered with nervousness. I was standing outside the Grimsborough Precinct. I needed to talk to my grandfather, Samuel King, who was the Chief. He was also technically my boss. Alex and I work together in the tech department. We'd been married for a few years and we were wanting to start a family. We were now expecting. I was pregnant! We didn't know how to tell anyone though. We decided that the first person we would tell the news was my grandfather. I rested a hand against my stomach. Alex was with me. He hugs me. I take his hands from their current position resting over my shoulders and rested them against my stomach. He was happy. He kissed my cheek, causing me to softly laugh. I had started to grow my hair out a while ago and I had it down currently.

"Alex... how are we going to tell him?"- I ask.

"It would be a surprise no matter what we say."- Alex replies.

"I guess we should just tell him... but..."- I start, trailing off.

"But what? What is it Cath?"- He asks.

"Um, I'm just nervous."- I reply.

"Nervous? About what?"- Alex asks, curling my hair with his fingers.

"Telling my grandfather that I am pregnant."- I reply.

"Oh, I guess there are things to worry about. Are you scared about how he would react?"- He replies.

"Yes. What if he gets mad?"- I reply.

"Why in the world would he get mad? He should be overjoyed."- Alex replies.

"Do you think grandpa really would be excited about the news?"- I reply.

"Of course he would baby. Do you want me to go in the room with you when you tell him?"- He replies.

"No. I want to be the one to tell him. I can tell him myself."- I reply.

"Ah, alright Cathy. I'll be waiting right outside the room."- Alex replies.

"You can come in after I tell him the news."- I reply.

"I will."- He replied.

I smiled and then we walked inside the precinct. We walk over to Chief King's office. Alex stands in the hall as I knocked at the door. I don't know if he's busy or not. I hope that he isn't busy. He says for me to come in from inside the room. I step inside and close the door. Chief King puts down the papers he was working on and looked over at me. The seriousness of his face softened and he smiles at me.

"Hello, Cathy! Honey, what are you doing here after work?"- Grandpa asked.

"I um... needed to tell you something."- I reply.

"Oh, is everything okay?"- He asks.

"Yes. I'm fine... well... um... maybe not completely fine."- I mutter, not knowing what to say.

"You aren't okay? What's wrong??"- My grandfather asked, a very concerned look on his face.

He got up from his desk and he hurries over. My grandpa looks me up and down.

"I don't exactly know how to tell you this but..."- I muttered, trailing off.

"Well, what is it?"- He asked.

"It's a surprise."- I reply.

"Of what?"- Grandpa asked.

"I'm pregnant!"- I say.