Guys, I Shrunk My Husband

Amir's POV

Jasper and I were working on something amazing. It originally was something Jasper wanted to do. He decided it would be really cute for our little cat Tobia if we could somehow make tiny food of what we ate so she could eat whatever we made with us. At first, I was against the idea. That would be too much work anyway, but then he had the idea to make a shrink ray or some sort of shrinking solution. That sounded absurd and completely impossible until we found out it wasn't. I was working on the solution in the lab after work hours by myself, but I was almost finished. I poured in the last chemical ingredient into the small cup and then stirred it. When I finished stirring it, it turned clear. Ooh. It didn't have a smell and looked like ordinary water. I smiled. Now, if only we had something or someone to test it on. I decided to text Jasper to let him know I finished the prototype solution.

'Hey, Jas, you aren't going to believe this! I just finished our shrinking solution! Come to the lab where we can look over all of the possible ways we could test it!'- I texted.

I soon got a reply back, 'Oh Amir, that's awesome! I'll be right over!'- Jasper says.

A few minutes later I heard the front door of the other room swing open. Jasper soon walked into the lab, smiling at me. I smiled back at him. He walked over to my messy desk. It was a mess of notes, empty or full beakers, a few plants for the aesthetic, and our scientific breakthrough. He hugs me and I hugged back. After we parted from the short embrace, he looks at my desk.

"Have you ever considered cleaning up this mess?"- Jasper asks. 

My face turned red. I felt embarrassed at the mess, but I haven't had time to clean it up.

"I have thought about it, I just haven't had time, Jasper."- I reply.

"Ah, I see, but are we going to figure out test subjects?"- He replies.

"Well, I'm sure we could just use it on some of these plants."- I replied.

Jasper takes the cup of the solution and swirls it around. I raise an eyebrow at him, wondering what he was doing. Then, he put the cups to his lips. I gasped and tried to warn him not to drink it, but he drank it before I could say anything. He puts the cup down and raises an eyebrow at me back, having a worried expression on his face.

"What? Did I do something wrong, Amir?"- He asks after he'd swallowed.

"Yes, but it wasn't entirely you're fault..."- I reply.

"W-What did I do?"- Jasper asks, his eyebrows furrowing, heavy with worry.

"You... you just drank our solution..."- I muttered.

"Wait... really?! Oh my god! What's going to happen to me?!"- He exclaims, starting to panic.

"I'm sure it wouldn't hurt you! Don't worry, don't panic, just calm down! Take a few deep breaths."- I whisper, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Jasper looks at me, still concerned. "Really? You think that?"- He asks. 

"After a conclusion to my research, yes. It's supposed to shrink every component of the subject, so you should be fine Dear, don't worry about it."- I reply.

"Well... what if it doesn't work?"- Jasper asks.

I sigh. "Jasper, honey, don't worry about it. You will be fine. And think of the bright side, we have a test subject!"- I say, trying to reassure him.

"I... I don't know how I feel about... being a test subject..."- He mutters.

"Aww come on, you will be okay! If it doesn't work how we expected it to, I can probably figure out something to reverse its effect. And besides, you'd be quite the handsome test subject at that."- I reply.