Mio Bello

A oneshot for AwesomePBST

Gabriel's POV

Sofia has recently come over to stay with me. She's been here with me in Grimsborough for about a month or so. However, the stay hasn't been the best. Sofia hasn't been feeling well lately. She's been complaining about some nausea for the past few days and saying that she's been having stomach cramps. Just yesterday she mentioned the weirdest thing to me. Sofia said that her... breasts felt more tender than usual. I asked if she was sure and she gave me a little nod. I even touched them, with her consent of course, and they did feel softer than they normally did. I am very concerned and have reached my wit's end with all of my worrying. I'm on my laptop, searching for a doctor's appointment for her. We've tried medicines, I've given her massages, we have tried everything and nothing has stopped her nausea. I have happily fixed breakfast. I sure do love my toast and scrambled eggs. I have made some eggs and toast for Sofia too but she hasn't come downstairs yet. I hope that she's okay, she is normally down here by now. I also hope that she still has her appetite. I don't want the food I made her go to waste. I take a sip of my orange juice and then I hear it: footsteps rushing down the stairs. Sofia burst into the kitchen as I swallowed. I take another sip and smile at her.

"Good morning Sofia, how did you-" I start but I was cut off.

"Gabriel! We need to go to the store! Now!" Sofia exclaims.

"The store? Why, Tesoro?" I ask.

"I missed my period." She whispers, going a little red in the face.

"Oh. That's a bit unusual, do you know why?" I reply.

"I think I know why!" Sofia beams, giggling in a high-pitched and excited tone.

"Why?" I inquired, taking a bite of scrambled egg.

"I think I'm pregnant!" She exclaims.

I almost choke on my egg. I cough and spit it out so I don't choke. My eyes went wide and I stared at her. My mouth hangs open. I am stupidly shocked. Sofia could be pregnant! We might be having a baby soon! Oh my goodness!

"Are you okay, Ciccio?" Sofia queries, stepping over to me and resting a hand on my shoulder, and gently rubbing my back.

"Yes! I'm fine, I was just... surprised by what you said, Bella!" I respond.

"You are? A good surprise right? You aren't upset? You won't be upset with me if I am pregnant?" She mutters.

"What? No! Not at all Sofia! Quite the opposite, I am just as excited as you at the prospect that we might be having a baby!" I return.

"Oh, Gabriel, I can't take it, I want to go now! I need to know if I really do have a baby inside me. I don't want to be upset if I am not, I don't want to get my hopes up!" Sofia begs.

"Are you hungry? We should have breakfast first." I suggest.

"I could eat something. What did you make? Is it still warm?" She replies.

I hug her, kissing her cheek. "I kept it warm for you, it's in the oven. I made some scrambled eggs and toast. Does that sound good to you?"

"That sounds quite nice." Sofia murmurs.

"Be careful, the plate might be hot!" I warn.

Sofia gets up and walks over to the stove. She slips on some oven mitts and grabs the handle of the oven door. She grabs her plate of food and returns to me. Sofia sits down on the barstool next to me. I resume eating and she happily digs in. Her face brightens slightly and she mutters a compliment on my cooking between bites. I smile and tell her that I can cook for her anytime she asks. I finish before her and I get up. I walk over to the sink and put my plate and my glass in there.