Awkwardness At Its Finest

This story might be a little weird, but I'm sure y'all could roll and vibe with this!

Jonah's POV

I hurried with everyone to the docks. I paused as I stared Anbu Devanesan in the face as he held a gun to Elliot Clayton's temple. He argued back and forth with everyone and I noticed how terrified Elliot looked. I really do feel bad for the kid. I aimed my gun at him, I did this slowly, carefully, and secretly. The gun was aimed at Devanesan's hand. I pressed the trigger and it went down from there. Anbu flipped out, crying in pain from the shot that went straight through his hand. I marched over to the fearful emo boy and rest a hand on his shoulder. Elliot looked up at me and there was a grateful sparkle in his eyes. The young boy immediately clings to me. I holster my weapon for a moment and look over my shoulder. Carmen nodded at me as if saying that I should go ahead with the hug. I hugged him back yet Elliot was squeezing me very tightly. Elliot was very quiet and he rested his head against my chest. Is he going to cry? Please don't cry. I don't know how to deal with emotional stuff! He sure did begin to cry. Anbu was led off in handcuffs.

"Um... hey... Elliot we've... got to get back to HQ."- I say in the softest manner that I could.

He looked up at me and it was heartbreaking. Tears were streaming down his face. Blood trickled from his nose and his left eye was black and blue. Bruises covered his face, specifically on his nose and left eye. His upper lip had some scratches on and it looked like it was busted. Dried blood covered his left cheek and the bridge of his nose. I'm not the most emotional guy but even I felt sympathy for him.

"Where is... he going to go?"- Elliot whispers.

"Who are you asking about?"- I ask.

"Him."- He murmured, pointing a shaky finger at Anbu.

Of course he's talking about him, who else would he be talking about you idiot?

"I should have known that, I'm sorry Elliot."- I reply in the most sympathetic tone I could muster.

"You... you shouldn't apologize..."- Elliot replies.

"He won't be in the car that you're in. We wouldn't do that to ya."- I reply.

I moved to walk away but he was hugging me so much that I couldn't move. I blushed sheepishly. I gently try to nudge him off me and he didn't budge. Elliot hugs me, wrapping his arms around my waist. The sound of a car pulling up was heard. A second car pulled up behind the car that we came in. Marina got out of the car and hurried over to the two of us.

"Elliot we've... got to leave to get back to HQ."- I say.

"I know but I don't want to- He blushed -be alone."- He replied.

"That's understandable."- I reply.

"Jonah, let me handle this!"- Marina says.

Elliot looked at her and rushed into her arms. He began crying again. I give him a small sympathetic smile. Marina gently runs a hand through his hair and her other hand holds him in a hug. Marina motions for me to leave. I didn't want to leave Elliot though. It was... odd. I felt strangely overprotective of him. I guess it's just because of what happened to him. You are just on edge Jonah, there's no need to start to overreact. I walked over to the squad car with Anbu Devanesan inside. I got in the backseat, sitting next to him. Carmen sat in the driver's seat. Marina leads Elliot to the other squad car she had driven in. We drove back to the precinct and parked in the garage. I held a strong grip on Anbu's shoulders as I led him to a holding cell. I locked him in there and then the team regrouped in the break room.