Grieving Griffs

A oneshot for AwesomePinerin

Kelsey's POV

I'm having a very good day today. Adelaine and I are having some much-needed sister time. She invited me to go to the best outlet malls in Grimsborough. We got everything that we needed to have a wonderful day. We got coffee to start our day. An iced latte is everything I need to face anything. We went into a lot of stores and shopped for what felt like hours. Jeez, my hands and arms hurt from carrying all of these bags and my leg hurts from all of this walking.

"Hey, before we go to the other mall, would you like to get something to eat?" Adelaine suggests.

"Oh yes! And can it be a sit-down restaurant, please? I need to sit down." I reply.

"I was going to suggest the same thing." She hums.

"Let's get to the car and put all of this stuff down, so we can then decide on a place to eat." I propose.

"Yeah. I'm starving, we should have definitely had a bigger breakfast." Adelaine replies.

"Let's go." I plead.

Adelaine leads the way. We left the store that we had just entered. Adelaine leaves the mall and I follow. To my surprise, it was still bright outside. I feel like we've been at this all day. She stops walking and I look over her shoulder.

As we step out of the mall, we see police lights and hear very loud police sirens. As I'm peeking over my sister's shoulder, I see police cars surrounding a car that isn't one. An investigator is standing near the car. The haircut and outfit look familiar. Is that Gloria? Adelaine looks at me. She had the same curious expression.

"Do you think that's Detective Hayes?" I query.

"That looks a lot like her! Maybe we should go see what happened?" Adelaine returns.

"Yeah! Maybe something bad happened!" I agree.

With a nod of agreement, we walked over to the scene. As we walk to the car, Detective Hayes is indeed the lead investigator on the case. When she noticed us, she smiled but it swiftly faded.

"You can't be here, there's been a murder. You don't need to see this!" Detective Hayes states.

"A murder?! That's awful!" Adelaine exclaims.

Before Gloria could shove us away, my eyes landed on what was in the car. The car is what was hiding the body. However, the passenger door was left open and I could see the dead body slumped over the steering wheel. The dead man looked familiar to me. His blonde hair was stained with blood. Blood was dried to his pale white skin. His dark eyes were open but frozen with a pained expression. Wait, is that... oh my god! That's my biological father! The man who was deceased in the car is Marcus Griffs, my dad! My eyes go wide at the realization and begin to cry. Adelaine meets my gaze, also having the same realization, I could see it in her eyes.

"Is that man your biological father? He does look a lot like you..." Adelaine softly asks.

I break down in tears. I hug my sister, embracing Adelaine tightly. I sob to her, saying that it was my father. A sympathetic smile forms on her face and embraces me back. That feels so good right now.

"Is this really true, Kelsey?" Gloria questions.

"Yes! I... I swear!" I cry.

"I found the man's wallet, let me check to see if there's an ID." She mutters.

"I know that you need proof, but you seriously don't believe me?" I sniffle.

"Of course I believe you, I just need solid proof for court," Gloria responds.