Heartbreak And Karma

A oneshot for CrinimalFrancine2020

Lexi's POV

It's okay... he's going to show up. There's no need to panic. There's no way he forgot your six-month anniversary. He was the one who made all of the plans. He told you he would be there. He told you where to meet him. It's alright Lexi... don't freak out... maybe he had trouble getting a ride? Or maybe he's just running a little late... yeah, Edward's probably just late. He wouldn't forget such an important day in our relationship! He is just late because he's getting you flowers or chocolates or a romantic gift! Oh... who am I kidding? He would have let me know if he was running late. He would have called or at least a text. Maybe his phone died though? Or maybe you are just making up excuses for him? No... I'm just following Sammy's advice... boys do stupid and immature things. I take out my phone and text Edward again, asking where he was. He hadn't responded to the previous two texts but he might respond to this one. I waited for a minute or two. I twirl a strand of my long brown hair. Come on Eddie, what are you doing that you can't answer me? Where are you?? He... really is starting to make me anxious. I waited another thirty seconds and then called his number. He didn't pick up. It rings and rang yet he did not answer. His phone is probably dead... yeah... let's go maybe find him? He might have a table already.

Today is the day that Edward and I got together, six months ago. Edward and I have celebrated the same day each month we've been together. We've done this five times... why did he forget on the sixth time and not like the third? We usually do something fun together. One time, we went to a carnival. Another time we went to an aquarium. Today we are supposed to be meeting at a restaurant. Eddie surprised me last week and told me that we were going to go to my favorite restaurant. I decided to dress fancy for the day. I wore a pretty blue dress. The dress went to my knees, it had puffy sleeves, a flowy skirt, and a top that was beaded with sequins and glitter. I had silver heels on and pearl jewelry. I had pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and a pearl bracelet on my right wrist. I had even done my makeup. I did my mascara and did some eyeliner. I wanted to look nice, but I kept it simple. It was blue eyeliner. I take out my lip gloss and reapply it.

I'm nervous. I tuck my tube of lip gloss into my purse and walk past the waitstaff stand. I walk around the restaurant, looking for my sweet boyfriend. I look for him, peeking in all of the small romantic areas. I text him again as I walk around, wondering if he's even here. After a few seconds, I heard a ding. I recognize that ding... that's the notification that Edward set for whenever I text him! My senses were heightened. No, he's here! I then heard it. Eddie's sweet laugh. I follow the laugh to an awful and terrible sight. My boyfriend was sitting at a table with another girl! He had flowers and candles and was holding her hand. It wasn't just any girl though. He was sitting across from Marienne Iris Avery, the head of the cheerleading squad! What is he doing with her?! I stood there and watched, frozen with horror. What does Edward see in her? She and I might look slightly alike, but is it just the brown hair? Her green eyes... her brown hair... her outfit. The green dress was extremely formfitting. Her dress was sleeveless, it went to just past her butt, the dress showed off all of her curves, and her face was caked in make-up. She's good-looking, yeah, but doesn't he know how horrible of a person she is?! I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Edward? What... what are you doing?!"- I exclaim.

Edward turns his head. Marienne turns to look at me. Edward blinks, staring at me with a deer in headlights look. A smirk forms on the cheerleader's lips.

"He's on a date with me!"- Marienne grins.

"Lexi... it's just... Marienne... she's much better than you."- Edward says softly.

"But... Eddie... today's our six-month anniversary!"- I sob, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"I forgot about that."- He hums.