It's On

A oneshot for Maria_Sweet8690

Adelaine's POV

I'm sitting in the theatre room. We don't have rehearsal for theatre. It's too late in the year for us to have a play or musical anyway. We were having a meeting there though. There's a theatre competition upcoming in Grimsbourough and we here at Fairview High are competing! We're writing our own music, choreographing our own dancing, and working through our own acting for it. I'm scribbling down lyrics, trying to work on a song. I have a notebook full of writings of words and sentences when inspiration comes. Hugh is here with me, resting his head on my shoulder. He's watching me as I write and giving me feedback. However, an announcement came on over the intercom, interrupting my current train of thought.

"Can we have Adelaine Jones in the front office, please?"

I look over at Hugh. Hugh raises an eyebrow at me, curious as to what that is about.

"Why are you going to the front office?" He asks.

"I don't know, I'll be back whenever this is over with," I reply.

"Okay, I'm sure that this is nothing bad, I bet you aren't in trouble," Hugh reassures.

I get up and mark my place in the notebook I was writing in. I leave the theatre room and hum as I walk down the hall. I walked to the front office, walking quickly so I would get there fast. As I enter the front office, I'm greeted by Principal Gwardieza and Miss Donaldson. Huh? What is this about? I look confused at the two, sitting there. I take to standing in front of them.

"Hello Principal Gwardieza and Miss Donaldson, you called me down here? What did you need from me?" I ask.

"We wanted to talk about something with you." Principal Gwardieza hums.

"I'm willing to listen," I reply.

"We have news about the competition." Miss Donaldson beams.

"Really? Great!" I exclaim.

"I know who you will be competing with!" The Principal announces.

"Who?" I inquire.

"We know that the Fairview High team will be competing with Grimsborough High." Miss Donaldson informs.

"Oh, that's the school that Gabriella went to. Would it be okay to talk to her about it?" I respond.

"I don't see why not. She doesn't know what they're doing, so it isn't cheating." She shrugs.

"However, we aren't nervous about the competition. You are our ace up our sleeves. We were wondering if you would do a solo?" Principal Gwardieza remarks.

"A solo? Yeah, I'd be okay with that! I'm already working on music for the competition!" I answer.

"Would you be willing to do the solo last? I feel like it would be best to save it for last! You are our secret weapon here in the theatre department." Miss Donaldson requests.

"Of course! But I will definitely work more privately on the solo!" I reply.

"I'm sure it'll be amazing!" The Principal reassures.

I'll definitely have to work on it more. I want it to be impressive.

"Did you have anything else to tell me? I was working and in the middle of some songs before I was going to get picked up and I don't want to lose the inspiration I have." I query.

"Oh no, not at all. Get back to work, superstar!" Miss Donaldson responds.

I smile at them and then turned on my heels. I walk out of the room, waving to them. I walk down the hall and scurry back to the theatre room. Hugh greeted me with a grin. Gabby and Jackson were also sitting there in the room with us, along with some of our other friends from the theatre group. Hugh raises an eyebrow at me. I come back over to him, sitting down on the couch next to him.