Oh, I Missed You So Much

A oneshot for MonAmiess

Amy's POV

I can't believe what we've just done. The team and I have just broken out of jail. We've finally got to feel what it's like to be a fugitive, not fun, but at least it's an altered present. We just need to get back to the apartment, get our bearings, and then go home back to the real 2029. Chief Scott sighs and then leads me and the team back to the apartment where we have found refuge. When we arrived at the apartment complex, we took turns changing out of our prison bracelets and outfits they made us wear. Then we headed up the stairs.

"I'm so happy that we got out of that cell, I could not go to prison." Theodore scoffs.

"We know." Zara agrees.

"You would not last a day, you would definitely become someone's prison bitch." Kai laughs.

Theo's jaw drops. "Kai! What the hell?"

"Just speaking facts, sweetheart." He replies.

"To be fair, I don't think that any of us would do well in prison." Janis reasons.

"Agreed. The uniforms are not fashionable." Orlando scoffs.

"I just hope we can get back to the real 2029... I want to see (Y/N)." I mutter.

"We'll get you back to your precious (Y/N) soon, Amy." Jack hums, smirking at me.

I feel a blush creeping on my cheeks. "Shut up, Jack."

"I'm sure you miss your husband too, Jack," Penelope says quietly, although it was loud enough for us to hear.

Jack quiets, his cheek also going red. Chief Scott tells us to stop arguing and be quiet, as now we're technically fugitives from Ptolemy law enforcement. I agree with him and the team quiets down. We reach the apartment and then I am the first to get inside. I walk into the living room and stop in my tracks. (Y/N), one of our detectives at T.I.M.E. who I am particularly interested in, dead on the floor. Blood soaks her shirt and her neck is carved up, her head hanging there by a thin bit of skin. I scream, tears beginning to stream down my face. This can't be happening! Not to the woman I love! No! The team, hearing my screams and crying, rushes into the room. Chief Scott sees the awful scene and brings me away, back into the bathroom.

"Amy, it's alright. This isn't the real 2029, this murder can be reversed when we get back to our timeline, the true timeline." He sympathizes.

"But... I never go to tell (Y/N) how I felt." I sob.

"I know that, Amy. When we get to our time machine and back to our office in New York and 2029, you can tell (Y/N) how you feel. Tell her that you love her." Chief Scott suggests.

"I- I sniffle -I think I'll do that."

"Here dear, take some tissues." He hums, handing me some tissues from the nearby box.

"Thank you, Sir," I mutter, wiping my eyes and trying to stop crying but it's impossible since I saw (Y/N)'s body.

There was a knock at the door and Zara entered. She smiles at me and Chief, gently rubbing the back of her neck.

"So what are we going to do about (Y/N)'s murder? Should we stay here and solve it?" Zara asks.

"Leaving (Y/N) like this is not an option! We have to give her the justice she deserves!" I exclaim.

"We should investigate. You and Jack can investigate and the rest of the team shall try their best to assist you. Amy, Me, and Marina are going to have a little chat." Chief Scott agreed.

Zara nods. "I'll go tell him, although the team will probably like to hear it from you, Chief."

"Give me and Amy a minute and then we'll join you outside." He responds, a gentle smile on his face.

Zara leaves the room and then it's just the two of us. I look at myself in the mirror. My makeup was already ruined from the hard time we've had in New Cairo, but now my eyeliner is streaking down my face. Chief Scott gives me more tissues and I clean up my face. Although my eyes are red and puffy, I guess I look as presentable as I could right now.

"Are you ready to go out there?" Chief wonders.

"I'm ready, I need to help find out who did this to (Y/N)!" I declare.

"I just want to make sure, I need my team to be strong! We're a team after all, right?" He hums.

"We are, thanks Chief!" I reply.

With that, he holds the door open for me and the two of us walk back into the living room. Jack and Zara are searching the room for clues. Janis has already equipped gloves and her lab coat, beginning to start the autopsy. The rest of the team is gathered in a circle, trying their best to avert their eyes. Marina gives me a compassionate smile.

"We won't leave until (Y/N)'s murder is solved! She deserves justice just as much as any other victim." Chief Scott announces.

"Hey, Amy, I know that it can be hard to see (Y/N) like this, but on the bright side, and unlike most murder victims, she'll be able to come back once we get back home," Marina says to me.

"I know, but the faster we find out who did this, the faster that I can see the real (Y/N)." I return.

I mumble that I can't stay in this room anymore and leave. Sitting here in the presence of (Y/N)'s body, it's simply too much. I sit down on the bed and my mind wanders. Thinking about (Y/N) is the last thing I want to do. I don't want to get any more emotional than I already have been.

Throughout the investigation, we uncover five suspects that either had a relationship to (Y/N) in this present or were near the scene of the crime. They were Emmett Scott, Lenny Saunders, Anna Blanchard, Abrax Tiakken, and Rehema Tamun. Each of them had reasons for being upset with (Y/N) and having problems with her. The killer was revealed to be Abrax Tiakken, our victim's landlord. It was a stupid reason too. I wanted to punch him in his idiotic murderer face but Kai beat me to it. Although we couldn't arrest him, Kai knocks him out and the rest of us tie him up.

About two hours later, we made it back to the time machine and made sure that everything was well so we could go back home. I've been antsy all evening. Even though I've been doing this for a long time and have been used to the turbulent landing of the time machine, this time when we landed, I nearly threw up. I gulped it down and we walked back inside.

"Oh, hey guys! It's so nice to see that you're back!" A voice says.

(Y/N) comes around the corner, all smiles. Now that we're in the right 2029, (Y/N) is alive and well. I run towards her and hug her as tight as I can. (Y/N) looks confused but hugs me back. The team waves to (Y/N) and Chief Scott gives me a bright smile and a wink, but I was the only person to see the wink. Now that we have privacy, I don't hesitate and kiss (Y/N) on the lips. She looked surprised but she kissed back. I give her the biggest smile that I possibly can.

"Amy, is there something you need to tell me?" (Y/N) questions.

"I love you and I'm so happy that you're okay and alive!" I gush.

(Y/N) laughs and kisses me again.

"I have to say, I've been waiting for you to make the first move... I've been shy about it but... I love you too Amy." She replies.

"Oh (Y/N)..." I whisper, so happy.

"Amy, we should kiss again." (Y/N) recommends.

I don't even respond, pressing my lips against hers. She kisses back, wrapping her arms around my neck and her fingers play in my hair. I love (Y/N) dearly, and now they're finally mine.