Always With U

A oneshot for MagicalTwilight10

Zara's POV

I smiled to myself as I stood in the middle of my children's bedroom. I finally put the girls down for a nap. They had been cranky for half an hour, so I'd been trying to get them to sleep. Theodore and I have two daughters together and we have gotten married. Our first daughter, Laura, is two years old and our second daughter, Dawn, is six months old. I love them both so much, and Theo does too, no matter how much of a handful they can be at times. I kiss each of them on the forehead. A hand snakes its way around my waist. I look up and notice Theodore standing there. I hug him and he hugs me back, kissing me on the cheek. I kiss his cheek back.

"Are they asleep?" Theo asks softly.

"Yes. They're both fast asleep." I reply, using his same soft tone.

He breaks away from his embrace with me and then walks over to the girls. He leans over Dawn's crib to gently stroke her cheek with his pinky finger. He waits for a few moments and then walks over to Laura's bed. He kisses her cheek and then retreats back to me. Sweetheart! Theodore takes my hand and then walks back to the living room. A bottle of wine sits on the counter. I've never been fond of his fancy stuff but the alcohol is good. He grabs the bottle and gently pops the cork out. I cheer quietly and he fist-bumps the air in triumph. Theo already had two glasses on the table, pouring wine into each glass until the glasses were half full. We clink our glasses together and then take a sip from the glass we each had in our hands. The cork is put back into the bottle and I rest my head against his chest. Theodore grabs a remote and turns the lights down to dim and puts on some romantic mood lighting, the lights glowing a light pink. The pink lights shine off of my wedding ring and engagement ring, causing a bright sparkle. How pretty! I get caught in a trance from this, moving my hand gently to watch the sparkles move on the ceiling. Aww, it makes me think about when the ring was given to me.

"Zara, dear, you're quiet... is everything okay?" Theodore queries.

"Oh, yes. I'm okay. The mood lighting is just sparkling off of my rings. It's such a fascinating thing to look at." I answer.

"I can see that- He laughed -I remember when I gave you those rings. You were so excited!"

"I was. You don't know how much I love you and wanted to marry you before you asked me.

"I can one-up you on that." Theo grins.

"How can you do that?" I retort, smirking.

"I was in love with you the moment I saw you at the TIME headquarters, so ha!" He replies.

"I know that you were. You and Kai were fighting over me for months." I reply.

"Yeah! And I won your hand in marriage and your heart! I know in my heart that he is still jealous about it." Theodore brags.

"Hey, no. There will be no bragging in this house! There's no need to make Kai jealous because I chose you over him. He doesn't need to feel bad about it." I scold.

"I... I don't mean to make him jealous-" He starts but I cut him off.

"You just said you did. Forget it." I reply.

"I'm sorry... You know, sometimes I don't understand how you put up with me or how you have for this long." Theo mutters, taking another sip of wine.

"Because I love you." I coo into his ear, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too." He murmurs.

"Do you remember what I told you as my vow the day we got married?" I question.

"Yes. You said that you love me no matter how difficult I could be and that you would always help me become a better person, which I really appreciate." Theodore says.

I smile. "That was a great day. It was so much fun."

"Even if I was a terrible dancer?" He asks with his handsome laugh.

"You weren't that terrible! Besides, I was just as bad of a dancer as you were." I respond.

"That cake was worth the money we spent on it. I wish I could have a piece of that cake right now, it would probably taste good with this wine." Theo states, starting to reminisce.

"'I know. Going with strawberry cream was the best pick we could have gone with. The icing was so soft, the cake was moist and airy... it's making me hungry now just thinking about it." I agree, swishing my wine around in the glass it's in.

"Not to mention the food we had catered. The pasta was fantastic... the steak was amazing... the veggie stir fry... perfect. I agree with you, this is making me hungry." He adds.

"Yeah. It was the perfect night. Our music was great, the song we had our first dance to is always stuck in my head... and the ceremony was beautiful." I continue.

"That priest we hired was very good at his job. He was professional, yet he got to the point. I hope that you put my vows under lock and key in your heart." Theodore wonders.

"I did. I remember what you said. I hope that you did the same thing with my vow." I return.

"I was happy that I got to see everyone from TIME there that night. Even Chief Scott made time to come out to the reception." Theo gushes.

"I know right? To think that Penelope came. I know that she spent the whole evening by Orlando's side and barely said two words, but it was nice to see her." I reply.

"To think that all I had to do to have that wonderful night and have the two little girls I have now was get down on one knee..." He mutters.

"It was more than that, it was a magical night... one of the best of my life. I had been waiting for that moment for years while we were dating." I retort, grinning at the memory.

"I would hope that you feel like that. I put a lot of effort, work, and energy into that proposal!" Theodore beams.

"I know that you did, silly. You don't have to remind me every time we talk about it." I tease, playfully pinching his cheek.

"I spent hours looking for a ring that you would like and that would match the price you deserve." He starts, going on to explain the story behind our engagement.

"You know I don't need you to spoil me," I whisper.

"I know you don't necessarily like it, but I love spoiling you, and spending money makes me happy! Anyway, I talked with Orlando a lot to make sure that you would like the ring. I bought a new suit for the occasion and I bought you that pantsuit just for that night. I brought you to the best restaurant in New York, a five Michelin-star restaurant! We had the best meal, filet mignon, wine, and the best cheesecake, and I paid the bill. I brought you to your favorite place in all of New York, we were overlooking the beautiful city skyline, and then I got on one knee. You said yes to me, hugged me so tight that I thought my organs were going to explode, and then we kissed under the gorgeous moonlight." Theo explains in one breath.

"Take some breaths in between your explanation next time," I recommend, kissing him on the lips.

My husband kisses me back. I kiss him until I run out of breath. I rested my head on his chest and we sat like that until our wine was gone. He gets up and takes the wine down to the wine cellar. I grab the two wine glasses and wash them clean. I set the wine glasses on the drying rack to dry. I hear the baby crying and walk upstairs to the kids' room. Laura was still out like a light and Dawn was awake, crying in her crib to be let out. I pick her up and softly coo to her to calm her down. I bring her downstairs so Laura can continue to sleep. Theodore let out a little gasp and took her from my arms, cradling her and rocking her in his arms. Dawn calms down and we sit on the couch to play with her. Ah, this is the life! The routine that I have grown to love. I love my daughters and I love my husband!