Mark Of A Star

A oneshot for Winnie_Fiction_05

Adelaine's POV

I don't want to think that 10th grade is almost over! As we near closer to the end of the year, we are also close to the performance of the musical we're working on! It's a perfect one. It is Pretty Woman! My friends Emma and Milo are making history as the first disabled members of the FHS Theatre to direct, as they are directors of our musical! Ever since I decided to allow the disabled community to join us in theatre, my friends and I have grown closer to our special new members. It's nice. Emma and the rest of her friends are thankful to me and Mrs.Donaldson for allowing them to join, and there has been a huge improvement in theatre because of our new members. Everything is going well with the musical, however, Mrs.Donaldson informed us that, for the role of David Morse, we would need an adult to perform that role. After rehearsal ended, she smiled at us and told us that finding an adult for the role was our homework. I headed with Gabriella, Sammy, and Lexi to the precinct. I got a text from Mom saying that she and Dad were there, having coffee and donuts. Gabby taps me on the shoulder as we walk into the room, whispering that I should bring up our "homework assignment" to them to see if anyone wanted to volunteer. I saw a box of donuts on the table, which was probably mostly empty. Dad smiled at me and I sat down next to him. Diana and my Mom were sitting there on the couch in the room, both eating chocolate-frosted donuts.

"Hi Princess, how was school?" My father asks, sipping from a cup of coffee.

"It was good. A nice day." I reply.

"You want a donut? We've got plenty left if you, or any of you kids, want one!" Dad inquires, opening the box to show a variety of donuts left in the said donut box.

"Ooh, are there jelly-filled donuts in there? The ones with red jelly and powdered sugar covering them?" Sammy queries, his eyes sparkling at the thought.

"I've got one right here for you, Sweetheart." Miss Turner says, which he seemed delighted at.

He walks over to her and is handed a napkin with one of those exact donuts on it. "Thanks, Mom!"

"Anyone else have any specific requests?" My father asks the room.

"I'll have a plain glazed." Lexi hums.

"I'm not picky, anything's fine, I'll eat whatever is left." Gabriella shrugs.

"Hmm- I think about it for a second -is there strawberry frosting with sprinkles?"

"Of course there is, honey! Why would we not have the best flavor?" My Dad replies, aghast.

My Dad slides the box over to us and we grab the donuts we want. I bite into it and melt at how delicious it is. Dad grabs what I assume is his second or third donut, biting into it with an 'Mmm!'.

"How is the musical coming along, Adelaine?" My Godfather questions.

"It's coming together great! Practice was fun, although we were given homework, so that will be interesting to do." I answer.

"Homework? For theatre?" My Mom inquires, looking confused.

"Yes. There's supposed to be an adult playing the role of David Morse, so if any of you would like to volunteer, please, do!" I explain.

"Ask your Dad!" Mister Ramirez suggests.

"Absolutely not!" My Father declares, glaring at Ramirez.

"I don't know, you'd probably be good." Mister Turner counters.

"Is the tape still in the office?" Miss Turner whispers, and Mister Turner looked like he had an epiphany and rushes off.

"Oh my god," Dad mutters, putting his head in his hands.