The Wifi's Down (Part 1)

Elliot's POV

I walk out of the Bureau's offices and smiled. Today was quite boring, but at least I didn't have to go outside. It was pouring and the rain was messing with my signal! Wifi is very important in my job, and I can't do anything without it. I sighed and pulled out my umbrella. My umbrella is black, like everything else I've ever owned in my life. 

I opened up the umbrella and started to walk to my apartment complex. The rain bounced off of my umbrella and small puddles began to form on the sidewalk. The rain started to fall faster, so I, in turn, picked up the pace. Soon I was running. I saw my apartment building and ran inside. 

As I walked inside, I closed my umbrella. I avoided the people at the reception desk and didn't look at any of my other fellow tenants. I never have talked to any of the other tenants before, but they're not that important. Hmm. Should I use the stairs or the elevator? Forget it, I'm too lazy, I'll just take the elevator. I pressed the open button on the elevator and stepped in. I pressed my floor button. The elevator started to move and play normal but lame music. 

There was no one in the elevator, so I could do nothing but wait. Suddenly, the elevator stopped. I froze and the door opened. A redhead boy steps into the elevator. He was wearing a grey tank-top and khakis. He smiled at me and went to press his floor button. I was going to floor 4, but apparently, he was too. He also looked familiar, like I'd seen him before somewhere. 

"I didn't know that you lived on my floor. I've never seen you in this building before!."-He says.

I don't reply. I don't know HOW to reply. I just nod. He extends his hand, offering to do a handshake. I awkwardly took his hand, it was warmer than mine was. 

"My name is Benjamin Scott, I live in the apartment next to the only apartment with a black door."-He says, after a few silent moments, which felt like an eternity. 

"T-That's....my apartment..."-I mutter, not realizing I had spoken. 

"Really?"-He asks.

Suddenly, I realized why he looked so familiar. He was Benjamin, from Iraq. I was the one that convinced him to go home. I was speechless, but he noticed.

"Are you okay? Was it something I said?"-Benjamin asks. 

I shake my head, saying 'no'. I guess he had nothing else to say after that because he looked at his feet. We stood there in silence for the rest of the elevator ride. The elevator beeps, signaling that we've reached our floor. I stepped out of the elevator and ran to my apartment room. I ran in and slammed the door behind me.

"What a strange neighbor."-I hear him mutter as he opens his door. 

The walls in this place are actually paper thin. At least, I think they are. I'm usually quiet, so I'm able to hear them. It's not like in a creepy way though, I'm just....observant. 

It's actually not that bad that they're loud. I don't mind. My left neighbor is Benjamin apparently. The right neighbor is Old Miss Abby. She's quite nice, but she has like 30 cats. The cats don't come in my apartment, but they make my allergies flare up. I'll be fine though as long as I have my allergy medicines. Then my upstairs neighbors moved out, so their apartment is silent and vacant. 

I walked into my kitchen and decided to make dinner. I ate my dinner on my small couch and watched TV. The room was filled with high-pitched screaming and people were fighting everywhere. After watching hours of this screamfest called anime, I decided to go to bed. By that, I mean scrolling through Buzzer all night. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed. I plugged in my phone and started to scroll through Buzzer. Most of the photos on the front page were just models, but none of them were attractive. My brightness was all the way up, yet somehow I fell asleep a few hours later around Midnight.