Soulmate (Jones And Zoe)

A one-shot request for Winniefanfiction2345

Jones' POV

I was driving down the street. I was on duty, but it wasn't anything too bad. Just traffic duty. As I stopped at the stoplight, I focused on the light and then the car in front of me. The light went green and the driver in front of me sped off. A little too fast for my liking. It was over the speed limit as well. I turn the police lights on and drove off, following the car. I'd have to give this person a speeding ticket. I hope if they heard the sirens and saw the lights and pulled over. As soon as they realized that there was a cop behind them, they pulled over. I pulled over and ran the license plate number in case the person had any outstanding warrants for arrest or previous problems. I looked up the person's name and found out that I had pulled over a beautiful woman named Zoe Kusama. She looked very nice in her driver's license photo. I got out the squad car, holding the speeding ticket in hand. I walked over to the car and knocked on the driver's seat window. The woman rolled down her window and looked panicked.  She looked at me and sighs, handing me her driver's license. I looked it over, nothing seems wrong. I did read over everything twice just to make sure. Zoe Kusama. Age 37. She's Japanese-American. And her profession states that she's a social worker. 

"Ma'am, I don't know if you were aware of it or not, but you were speeding. I'll have to give you a ticket."- I say. 

"I... I'm sorry! I... I'm late for work. I didn't mean to go over the speed. I wasn't paying attention! I... I'm just so sorry!"- She says. 

"It's okay. You don't have a criminal record, so I'll let you go with just a warning. I won't give you a ticket either!"- I reply. 

"Really? Oh, thank you, Officer."- She replies. 

"Your welcome miss! But it is the protocol that we give each person we stop, so take this."- I reply, taking a speeding ticket and writing my number on it with a note. 

'A gorgeous woman like you shouldn't get a ticket!', with my number below. 

I handed it to her and she blushed. "Um... Officer, are you hitting on me?"- She asked. 

"Maybe a little bit..."- I mutter. 

"But... I don't even know your name."- She says. 

"Officer Jones... David Jones..."- I reply. 

"Hmm, that's a nice name."- She replies. 

"Shouldn't you be getting to work?"- I ask. 

"Oh! Yes! I... I'll never get to work on time with all this traffic."- She replies. 

"I could give you a police escort if that helps."- I reply. 

"You'd really do that for me?"- She asks. 

"Of course! I don't have anything else to do."- I reply. 

"Thank you, Officer Jones."- She replies. 

"You're welcome, Miss Kusama."- I reply. 

"You got my name from my driver's license? But we must hurry. I have to be at work in twenty minutes."- Zoe says. 

I smiled. "Of course ma'am. I'll bring you to work as fast as I could."- I reply. 

I headed to the squad car and got in. I called out of the window. 

"Zoe!! Let me get ahead so I can turn on the lights and get people to slow down!"- I call. 

"Okay! I'll let you get ahead."- She yells back.